返回列表 回復 發帖

[問題] I am left absolutely speechless ...

You would/should too, after you watch this ....

And I am still in shock!
And yet this incidence hardly get much of your comments.
OK. lets put it into perspective,
Yeah, some of you said RIP at the other forum, (yet I saw a lot more emotional outflow for the passing of Jobs); so what's become of you?
No, this little girl will never rest in peace!  And we should never let her rest in peace, so her very short existence would become a little more worthwhile.
What's happened to our society?  So it was an terrible accident, and the driver was so scared of the consequence, he did a hit and run.  He is definitely guilty and should be punished accordingly.
The little girl's mother is just as guilty,  how could she let her daughter wondering in a narrow busy street all by herself?  Would she do the same if that was her son?  She should get locked up for a long time too!
Now the passers by, people, bike riders, tri rider, and a mother walking pass holding the hand of her daughter, just walked pass cold heartily after having witnessed a helpless little girl who was just seriously injured in a traffic accident!  What kind of sick society is that?  The little girl was again run over by another mini van; to the driver it was an accident, but if someone did help move the girl, it wouldn't and couldn't have happened.
So all those people who saw the injured girl but didn't help, they are just as guilty as the second driver!
But the saddest part of all is, what happened to the society?  Are we trading in for the economic prosperity with our very basic humanity?!
So WAKE UP people!  Don't let this "incidence" rest, it reflect how selfish, mindless, atrocious and horrifying we have become!  The little girl will never RIP and so she shouldn't!
As a Chinese living oversea, I am ashamed, mortified and feel absolutely repugnant of the society.
I am speechless, I am in pain, and I couldn't help but to weep!

Yes, I have already posted this at 時事焦點, I truly believe that this shocking incidence should get more discussion, and I wish I could write it in Chinese too.  
A little green earthling, living life as if there were no tomorrow.
本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2011-10-19 05:45 PM 編輯
Did Yueyue passed away? If that is the case, I do want her to RIP.

what do you mean she should not RIP, the heartless people is suppose to be the one that don't RIP.
Yes, sadly Yueyue had passed away.  When I say "she should not RIP", I am speaking figuratively;  this very serious issue should never gone pass our consciousness and let to rest, Yueyue's death would be much more meaningful if we can keep discussing about it, and hopefully the society at large can learn from it, so this type of horrible event will never happened again.

On the other hand, if Yueyue did survive this accident, she would get so much media attention, and the issue might get discussed at all level of the community, parents, teachers, students, politician may all learn from this, and as long as Yueyue were still alive, we would all constantly be reminded.

Now that Yueyue had passed away, we should never let this issue rest, we should keep talking over this among ourselves, among the teachers, students, parents and politicians; making sure this does not ever happen again, no other person would get treated like a piece of dirt as how Yueyue was treated.

Yes, our society has become "so cold-hearted"; only when we speak up, raise the issue, or the society will never change to become more caring and compassionate.  I still hold a little bit of optimism that if we all do our little bit, we can and will change the "cold-hearted" society.
Thank you all for the great responses; I would really appreciate the insight from those who are currently living in  China, or those who have a good understanding of the present day Chinese social psyche.
本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2011-10-23 10:03 AM 編輯

Aren't we over politicizing this human tragedy too much?  This little girl was killed. Killed in a most callous way.  She was robbed of her happy time when all the other kids are getting the red pockets at the next Chinese New Year, she wouldn't get to try on another pair of new shoes or pretty dress, she would not be attending her school sports carnival, she would miss out learning how to put on cosmetics, on falling in love for the first time, her 18th birthday, being independent, getting married, have children ......
And you would let this happen again?!  What about when the next victim is some one you know? She could even be your sister, your niece, your daughter, or just the young girl or young boy living next door.
41# k23bb
幫手打個電話都好丫
Well said.
Yes, as simple as that.
I hold no political agenda,
and I'm not being self-righteous,
but I can't bear watching that clip anymore,
tears fill my eyes,
and I don't easily get emotional;
wish I could write a song,
somebody to write a song,
for such sad sad tragedy,
to remind us,
we can all lend a helping hand
to our fellow human being,
a simple act of kindness
could save someone's life;
that someone,
could easily be
someone close to you.
返回列表