返回列表 回復 發帖
It's true, but of course, the list above are average, some Asian Dr. will charge lot less if pay by cash.  Dr. seems make a lot of $$$, but their insurance is not cheap either.  Also consider most of the payment method is either government assistant or health insurance.  First one need to wait for long time and 2nd one pay very little, it's not like you request $1000 then you get $1000, most cases you get $200 or so.  But I still suggest travel insurance, because US medical bill is very scary, that's why people at age like 80 still working at walmart, because at 80, there is no government health insurance available if you are middle class or above,  you need to work because of the employer provide health insurance.
美国就係咁     我黎美国7年唔敢睇医生
yeungking 發表於 2011-2-20 01:44 AM
If you live near city with Chinese, then you may want to ask friends for relative and see if there is any Chinese that take cash with much lower price.  I know a Dr. who has an office in Monterey Park and he only charge $50 for visit, then get your medicine from costco, sams club or walmart because they usually has much better price in prescription medicine.  In fact, a lot of Dr. welcome cash client because it's headache to deal with medicare, medical and HMO, can you believe Dr. only get $20 from HMO when you visit him or her? But they have to take it because almost everyone is using insurance, they can't avoid it.  BTW, $20 is not net profit, Dr. liability insurance is huge, equipment, nurse, office rental, etc are extra and out of their pocket.  I'm not a Dr. (I wish i am), but I have some friends are RM and Dr. always complain to them.
If your employer provide health insurance, i think US may be better than Canada in medical care, at least I don't have have pay 15% sales tax, instead, I paid 8.25% sales tax.  But pretty soon, US will have there own health care system like Canada, not sure how are the gov't going to pay for the bill.
返回列表