返回列表 回復 發帖

> Hold Your Hats: 3 Games, 6 Days... Go!

It's the Christmas period next week, where games come thick and fast, merciless too.We've got 3 games in 6 days. And worse, the latter two games are within the span of 3 days.Monday, 22 December 2008Everton v Chelsea, 20:00Friday, 26 December 2008Chelsea v West Brom, 13:00Sunday, 28 December 2008Fulham v Chelsea, 14:00Last season, we had two home games and one away to Blackburn in the 6 day span. They were most certainly not easy games. The second game was our 4-4 draw with Aston Villa, while the next game Newcastle game us a massive fight which we won 2-1 with an unbelievably depleted side (Kalou was our lone striker, SWP was in midfield, Ballack played his first start since April of the previous season, Hilario was in goal and Ben Haim and Alex both started).Another thing we're more fortunate this season is that we played 4 games in 9 games last season. After Fulham we have six days off until our FA Cup game against Southend. I guess we should be somewhat pleased over that improvement over that insane Christmas period of last season.Thankfully, our selections are not as bad as that this season. We only lack Carvalho and Essien in our squad, and Carvalho may come back for some of them if I'm not incorrect.The truth is, though, 3 games in 6 days is still one hectic period, and we cannot deal with each game as a sole match. We're going to have to balance out the players, rest them correctly while playing the better players in the right games. This is what I've decided to start:Everton v ChelseaCechBosingwa Ivanovic Terry A. ColeMikelBallack LampardJoe ColeAnelka DrogbaChelsea v West BromCechFerreira Ivanovic Alex BridgeMineiroBelletti BallackKalou Drogba MaloudaIf Malouda isn't available, start Joe Cole as a winger.Fulham v ChelseaCechBosingwa Carvalho Terry A. ColeMikelDeco LampardJoe ColeAnelka KalouIf Joe Cole starts against West Brom, then start Deco here instead and Belletti in midfield. If Carvalho is still unavailable, start Alex.Everyone gets a game off, except for Cech, and if Cech needs one, put Cudicini on against West Brom.Next week should be awesome.
返回列表