返回列表 回復 發帖

Recovering Beckham set to face D.C. United

LOS ANGELES, Aug 14 (Reuters) - David Beckham, who has been hampered by an injured left ankle for the last two months, expects to play a major role for Los Angeles Galaxy in their SuperLiga semi-final against D.C. United on Wednesday. TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。. ]# `6 r# O2 i$ z2 t2 J6 j

: C, h$ _4 |  O8 ]# j9 g3 u8 z& @公仔箱論壇'I think I can play at least half a game tomorrow, which is important for me,' Beckham, 32, told reporters on Tuesday after taking part in his first training session with the Galaxy at the Home Depot Center.
6 e( G9 x, A$ R公仔箱論壇
" e/ _& [) Z. S) _TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。'It's important for the team that I at least get on the pitch and help contribute. It was good to get out on to the field today and have a bit of practice.
( B9 B9 X6 X8 j5.39.217.76
( R9 H" g. u; L- E: B" g* M1 I'This is my first time, since I arrived, to be out on the training pitch and it felt good.'
9 w. p$ V% a! L, G- a5 j5 V
5 ?1 \% b* d" B+ ptvb now,tvbnow,bttvbBeckham said he was still feeling some pain in his Achilles' tendon and under the ankle. 'My ankle's not perfect,' he added. 'It's about 70-80 percent.' 5.39.217.768 o) A  D, ^# s2 F* }' M
5.39.217.76& c8 F3 |* w* K3 ~6 G7 l
Galaxy head coach Frank Yallop said: 'David is available to start and play a significant role tomorrow against D.C. United.
3 w7 [1 z' p1 s/ [9 z5.39.217.76
; K6 \; K7 p4 m" b9 o4 m/ X'I fully expect to give him his SuperLiga debut at some point in the contest. Tomorrow's game is very important to the club and we have a number of players injured or suspended so to have David available will be a big boost.'  
4 _% b+ [) O, |+ v5.39.217.76
6 [$ I- ?3 [. n( o- W3 n7 \tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
* j' \+ C' n- f公仔箱論壇Yallop will have to decide whether he prefers to start with Beckham, who is well short of his usual fitness level, or bring his high-profile signing on to the pitch late in the match. 5.39.217.76% m' y0 Y2 h  G" F& E
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb: ~2 w' x1 I5 n. \5 H1 ?8 [
'It's been frustrating for all of us not to have someone like David available,' Yallop added. 'I think David will be the one who knits it all together.'
0 ^2 s0 k; l8 o  D: ?& y; h公仔箱論壇
: U* A9 [( I* P# z3 M/ O, i* C5.39.217.76Beckham, one of the world's most marketable sports figures, has made only two fleeting appearances for the Galaxy since joining the Major League Soccer (MLS) club midway through last month.
# _/ p1 c$ P7 m; X1 s1 ~/ Z5 F: ~" b
He played for 16 minutes as a late substitute against FA Cup holders Chelsea on July 21 before making his MLS debut on Thursday at D.C. United, playing the final 21 minutes in a 1-0 loss before a capacity crowd of 46,686.
/ f; @1 J, Y; I
/ h' X/ a( J$ B0 D4 `tvb now,tvbnow,bttvbSigned from Real Madrid on a $32.5 million five-year deal, Beckham spent most of his first three weeks in Los Angeles receiving ice treatment and massage in the treatment room or working in the gym.
3 x9 Z7 S- z9 X5 s5 u6 d, xTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。, K$ I2 W" ]( Z1 P& p+ Y" i
The former England captain twisted his ankle playing for his country against Estonia in a Euro 2008 qualifying match in June. tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb7 t% j! {- ~% w# c) K: f

/ r" ~6 u4 U+ k9 S% {3 oHe then aggravated it in his final appearance for Real 11 days later when his former team clinched the Spanish league title.
ha...
4 j" b2 X/ ~! H7 i6 nfully support you !!!!beckham!!
返回列表