返回列表 回復 發帖

[時事討論] 新聞短打│彭定康接受《金融時報》專訪 轟白皮書損港司法獨立

新聞短打│彭定康接受《金融時報》專訪 轟白皮書損港司法獨立        3 U* ~* s+ H& N9 G7 L# N
公仔箱論壇' u# Y" m1 L2 _9 q* R! B
5.39.217.76' v8 ^0 z7 K% u( s, z. b$ E, w

0 n; X. q9 u, p- ], O( a3 I                                       
, g7 c& G% V! h, C/ ZTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。曾在梁振英上任前夕接受香港電台節目《頭條新聞》訪問,寄語香港人要小心在意,確保自由不會一點一點的被侵蝕的末代港督彭定康,為國務院的白皮書開腔,評擊白皮書干預香港的司法獨立。
7 L4 T4 ?; T8 W, _" }5 L公仔箱論壇自香港回歸後,一直盡量避談香港事務的彭定康,最新接受英國《金融時報》專訪,並以「感到有必要站出來說話」(he said he felt compelled to speak out),以回應中國國務院發表的白皮書中,提到法官都需要愛國的部分。
" T9 n9 x% v. o0 tTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
, l! @- A+ T. ^- X8 }) `tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb彭定康在訪問中指出,在香港的法治精神中法官是獨立的,他們不應被質疑是否接受了任何指令或是被壓迫下,因政治考慮而放棄對程序公義及什麼是合法的看法(Judges under the rule of [Hong Kong] law are independent and there shouldn’t be any question of them being instructed or pressed to subordinate their views of due process and what is legal to some other political considerations)。TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。' S+ s- e2 Y+ t' Y2 ]7 C/ {) A- G' I
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。; D4 N1 [  J* v! k
彭定康又對香港商界未有就白皮書表達更大的反對聲音感到意外,「我只能估計,因為他們仍未就應如何回應跟國際總部取得共識,我可以想像,他們的國際總公司會對白皮書感到意外和輕微的尷尬」。公仔箱論壇, q  r- |' u* r7 x
末代港督同時也質疑白皮書中提出,《中英聯合聲明》中把香港主權移交中國不是「聯合」的看法,「《中英聯合聲明》是中國和英國就保證香港的自由及在法治下多元化50年不變的一個國際協議,所以港人如果認為這個雙方簽署的條約受到質疑甚至破壞,表達關注是完全合理的事情」,他認為香港人有權利提出抗議。
* V+ E7 X& C& e4 b) d3 Q
2 h7 x/ ~* a) J2 y; b5.39.217.76《金融時報》又提及,前政務司司長陳方安生及民主黨創黨主席李柱銘兩人曾訪問美國,並跟副總統拜登會面,而李柱銘在被問到英國對香港的立場時,曾以「跟中國更多貿易」來形容,而他又批評英方未有力挺香港,甚至質疑英國出賣香港。
7 d3 g% c: n5 _. ?) R" Ztvb now,tvbnow,bttvb2 }! t3 t* b* {
與此同時,英國首相卡梅倫在早前中國總理李克強訪英時,卻未有就白皮書作公開評論,而中國雖然一直強調外國不應干預其他國家的內地事務,但李克強卻從容地表達對蘇格蘭獨立的立場,彭定康因而被問到,卡梅倫是否應該批評白皮書,他就稱,無從猜測兩人的對話討論內容,但他強調,來自香港的客人到訪倫敦,都必定會在議會內外受到強大的歡迎。
6 J& B' a% c5 Z5.39.217.76& h. c2 }# |3 }2 z; W( D
《金融時報》又引述,英國外交部拒絕評論彭定康的言論及對司法獨立的質疑,只重申歡迎香港可以普選行政長官。
- i" `: o0 n! P7 b% x6 ^6 b
7 B, D) U" c6 p# t5 p(撰文:祈皚)

本帖最後由 felicity2010 於 2014-7-5 01:54 PM 編輯
' E1 O8 z- Y0 w1 U5 V  bTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb* w6 A% ~/ k3 v3 @7 @+ Y
Patten attacks China over Hong Kong judiciary remarks6 h) b' |  v% x; n
5.39.217.760 ]" i3 _" |- c$ v+ Y$ R4 _3 G" G
By Demetri Sevastopulo in Hong Kong and Kiran Stacey in London
% r, X+ ~) [  L: n4 V0 E5.39.217.765.39.217.760 }1 ^/ x. F% b" x6 U4 Y

' [3 O; G) r  Z; ^% dTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。" l2 Y( [4 [/ C. o, a# d
Chris Patten, the former British governor of Hong Kong, has waded into a heated debate about the territory’s relationship with Beijing by accusing China of trying to undermine judicial independence in the global financial centre.; k1 {' b4 r1 R; t- Z" e4 x, ]* e; x3 c

* g2 x+ n" {! [" a5.39.217.76Lord Patten has generally avoided commenting on Hong Kong since he oversaw the handover to China in 1997. But he said he felt compelled to speak out because of a recent Chinese “white paper” that said Hong Kong judges should be “patriotic” – which critics interpret as being loyal to the Communist party.* W$ D! q, l2 c7 G2 W' \5 k4 X
4 @* Y' S# w2 k
“Judges under the rule of [Hong Kong] law are independent and there shouldn’t be any question of them being instructed or pressed to subordinate their views of due process and what is legal to some other political considerations,” Lord Patten said in an interview.
# A' N! ^6 j0 x. v( g7 j& M

( j0 y  R6 Z) z, u, [China published the controversial document last month in a move that critics saw as an attempt to stifle a mounting movement for genuine universal suffrage. The Hong Kong bar association criticised the white paper and hundreds of lawyers, many dressed in black,recently held a silent rally in protest. 8 R1 R: T! l! B" T  j
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb+ V5 r9 f# R3 T+ x+ W1 F% i2 Q
Anson Chan, the former head of Hong Kong’s civil service, said the white paper had made some business people “sit up and take notice” because “they can now clearly see even the rule of law and the independence of the judiciary are not protected under this white paper”.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。; o3 g5 v6 ?, I0 M1 s  e

- y# v( Y; ?  v4 N  f4 [* P  q# ]tvb now,tvbnow,bttvbWhile pro-democracy activists will welcome Mr Patten’s comments, Martin Lee, the founder of the Democratic party and a prominent barrister, accused the UK of failing to stand up for Hong Kong.
, [8 c+ t+ X) N. @, l: t: S! D/ YTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。

0 {6 h3 Y; ~! R9 R" Y公仔箱論壇Prime Minister David Cameron made no public mention of the white paper when Chinese Premier Li Keqiang visited London recently. But despite China’s insistence that other countries should not interfere in its domestic affairs, Mr Li felt comfortable expressing opposition to Scottish independence.; z/ U+ X% ^0 g8 v- N" x

* N% H/ o# v& Z- t5 F7 h/ V$ @公仔箱論壇“How can the British government sell the Hong Kong people down the river?” said Mr Lee.
: a% b3 d* Q- q# R0 k( |
公仔箱論壇) N; M( g8 e$ X2 @
Mr Lee and Mrs Chan recently visited the US,where they met vice-president Joe Biden. Mr Lee said that when asked what the UK position was on Hong Kong, he replied: “The British government’s policy on Hong Kong can be summarised in three words – ‘more China trade’.”
6 I( f  `( Y& P- O% ]& _tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
公仔箱論壇2 N3 @2 b; m9 X8 P; O+ ]6 R1 I) P
Asked if he agreed that Mr Cameron should criticise the white paper, Lord Patten said he had no idea what was discussed with Mr Li.
6 C* Y3 w  T8 W, t9 t5 U5 ]
5.39.217.76; v4 H5 O0 t  l4 D% q4 J* z, Y
But he said Hong Kong visitors to London would get “a very strong welcome both in parliament and outside”.
4 V( p# H3 h4 Wtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
公仔箱論壇& T) y' I/ S5 A
The UK foreign office declined to comment on the interview with Lord Patten or questions about judicial independence, but repeated the government’s position that it welcomes the election of Hong Kong’s chief executive through universal suffrage.; a7 m( i. `+ m, M, H  T
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。6 o* x5 A  Z* V9 ]. ^8 Q$ [% G- s: X
The white paper has also sparked debate about multinationals in Hong Kong, which rely on the rule of law, but are wary about angering Beijing because they could lose lucrative China-related business.; u: b1 q9 t+ M* C9 S4 T+ ]. J0 ^, i
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb4 N* B, o! p4 a, R: n! N
HSBCand Standard Chartered have both recently denied claims that they pulled advertising from an anti-Beijing newspaper under pressure from China. The big four global accounting firms – EY, KPMG, Deloitte and PwC – recently ran joint ads in Chinese-language media in Hong Kong opposing the democracy movement.
4 E% K, Q. p! M$ j公仔箱論壇tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb1 ?7 A; ?  i' l8 r. V" }
Mr Lee and Lord Patten both said they were surprised that business groups were not speaking out more loudly against the white paper.
! ]3 Y! o! A* b* z) ?

1 |% @# v6 ?9 I“It is surprising that professional bodies . . . appear to have taken the line that they have publicly,” said Lord Patten. “I can only assume that they haven’t had the agreement of their global headquarters for what they have been saying. I would imagine that their global heads would have been surprised and slightly embarrassed.”TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。! }$ r" ]. C9 N3 {

' p4 o, F' v- p' K7 S* @! dLord Patten also criticised the white paper for suggesting that the Sino-British Joint Declaration that paved the way for the handover of the territory was not “joint”, and he suggested that the people of Hong Kong had every right to protest.
0 r! f  o4 f; r6 Btvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。& {+ P/ a  `" ^7 l1 L
“The Joint Declaration was an international agreement . . . between China and Britain guaranteeing Hong Kong’s freedoms and pluralism under the rule of law for 50 years,” said Mr Patten. “It is wholly reasonable for Hong Kong citizens to express concerns to both signatories if they think the terms of that Joint Declaration are being questioned or undermined.”TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。  }) s; `, c* G7 Z

# W% b  ?( Q, |' Y+ G" _" f( ^/ k+ XThe white paper said “outside forces” were interfering in Hong Kong’s affairs, which came after China criticised the UK and US consuls-general for speaking about democracy in the Chinese territory.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb5 a; `) y) _- c8 K0 W
# |) L9 Q- ]$ t% Z( U
Patten has evaded the responsibility of the British Government (being one of the signees of the Sino-British Joint Declaration) and only emphasizes the right of the people of Hong Kong to voice their wish for universal suffrage. The current British Government has absolute moral obligation to fend that right for Hong Kong people, but instead she chooses to remain silent, succumbing to the enormous economic benefit from China. The massive turnout on 1st July seems to be in vain, the government is as uncompromising as ever. The frustration and helplessness overhanging the city are suffocating but in this crucial moment, we must turn them into resolve. The fight must go on.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb0 _: S* p. [6 j1 o# x' ^5 D

+ f% K; a7 V( CThe proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.--- Jack London

一戰歷史也可瞬間改寫 《聯合聲明》又會何時復位?              
0 Q$ D# U/ P2 {; ^3 e" q4 i5 ~         

+ {1 Q& r7 m! M/ m; c5 A& C
9 c9 h6 v3 @( c5 a/ a- G1 F7 A5.39.217.76公仔箱論壇1 k$ x/ }5 D/ }8 w7 B. S9 K

. U* I$ `' D, `8 N
  M, z; W. N, r) V1 ]5.39.217.76近日香港可謂進入了一個多事之秋,無不令人有意無意回到歷史,重溫一段中英會談的往事。歷史往往被說成不可推翻,如何解讀,乃看當權者怎樣操縱;但事實是,經過沉澱和反思之後,得出來的結論,會是跟我們所認知的一致嗎?% [; e' n8 C  a# H9 Z# ]

* F5 H- b* a) v2 d) B. f2 i) r% Otvb now,tvbnow,bttvb適逢今年是第一次世界大戰爆發的百週年紀念,英國歷史學界亦藉此機會重新探討,這場塑造現今國際形勢戰爭的「正統地位」。英國廣播公司(BBC)與《經濟學人》最近均有文章指出,大家印象中的「第一次世界大戰」,其實並非第一次世界大戰;而真正的第一次世界大戰,卻是於18世紀中葉的七年戰爭(Seven Years’ War)。那場戰爭,涉及當時世上的主要強國,而且戰場遍及歐洲、北美、中美洲、西非海岸、印度以至菲律賓,是為貨真價實的「世界大戰」。
% g* N& Q1 `5 S, L' ~
% K" O0 C7 g: Z那麼何以「第一次世界大戰」會是第一次世界大戰呢?事實上,這個稱謂的起源,不過是後世用以區別「第二次世界大戰」而已。縱觀第一次世界大戰,主戰場仍在歐洲,實在稱不上是世界大戰。只是,後來歷史學家看到箇中脈絡,驗明這場戰爭是直接引起第二次世界大戰的導火線,是以用「第一次世界大戰」名之。須知道,第一次世界大戰原本叫做「大戰爭」(The Great War)--在字面上或許有異,卻造就了截然不同的觀感。tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb% p5 @+ H4 ]4 N  R$ l

% B8 ]. ?$ L, T; t( d) ?- RTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。追本溯源,有時候把事物退一步來看,視野原來可以豁然開朗。如今在北京積極的游說之下,很多人都異口同聲說香港的「一國兩制」源於《基本法》,甚至民主進程亦復如是。然而,與其說一切源於《基本法》,毋寧說一切源於《中英聯合聲明》。凡此種種,假若片面解讀「一國兩制」而漠視當初《中英聯合聲明》訂下的承諾,情況儼如訛稱「第一次世界大戰」之流的喧賓奪主。世界歷史如此說,而香港在這樣的大洪流之中,又會怎樣?
! k' c! d& e; d( g/ l! c) aTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
% d0 G' a2 a& w/ s7 r* i3 ?(撰文:杜連魁)

香港本来就是中国的一部分,毛线司法独立,中国自己的事用得着彭老头说三倒四么!
返回列表