返回列表 回復 發帖

[討論] Why did Berbatov fail to score a lot this season ?

When we were about to sign Berbatov all people were raving about hisscoring records with spurs 23 goal per season which is counted abovethe average for any striker and any fan or manager would be happy tohave a striker who can bang 20+ at a season, one of the main pointsthat were used by fans to defende Berba's move that with spurs amediocre team he scored 23 goal so its rational that with better teamlike United he will score more, after all Lennon Tainio Jenas Zakoraand Keane are nothing and provide their mates nothing compared to whatRonaldo Scholes Giggs Carrick and Rooney can provide and do, butBerbatov scored half the number of goals he scored in an average seasonwith spurs and its 14 goal
For this drop on goalscoring there should be some reasons

for me i think the few goals were due to more than one reason
Seasons from the highest with goals to the lowest
  • Berbatov used to play as a main striker and used to be thecentre of their attacks while with us plays more like a supportivestriker
  • Berbatov couldn't match the pace of our team
  • The Passes that Berbatov team mates used to provide mainly go tohim and Keane while at United the build up products are distributed
  • Berbatov used to face weaker european teams in the Uefa cup so heused to score lots in the Uefa cup also being with a weaker team withlike spurs mean that he will play more rounds in the domestic cups
  • Fear of not being able to justify his price tag

But from the reasons i stated his assist rate should not drop it shouldincrease but he had less assists this season than he ever had

2007-2008         

2006-2007

2008-2009

15 Goal              

12 Goal

9 Goals

11 Assist

11 Assist

10 Assists

but even if you add 100 other excuses it shouldn't affect the scoringrate with more than 4 or 5 goals not 10 goals less and rationallyplaying with united = more goals that rule worked on everybody wesigned in the last 3 seasons but not Berbatov (and Anderson )

am really disappointed with Dimitar Berbatov and the fact that he is going to be 29 next season depress me more
返回列表