返回列表 回復 發帖

[討論] Next season's expectations?

We've won 06-07, 07-08, and we're in a very good position to make it 3in a row of league titles this season. We won the Champions League lastseason, and we're also in a position to make the final again thisseason. So lets say we accomplish all that, we get 3 PL titles in arow, we become the first team ever to win back to back CL titles, plusthe Club World Cup and Carling Cup this season. What would we expectfrom United next season?

I see two things to determine what we're possible of doing next season.First is our own hunger. As brilliant as Sir Alex is at keeping usgoing after winning the CL and PL last season, how would we continue tohave that hunger if we win the CL and PL again this season? We've seensome of our play this season. We've rarely been spectacular thisseason, I mean we've pulled out wins and performed well, but we don'thave the same urgency as last season. So if we win, what would we belike next season? I almost want us to not win anything next season sowe get that urgency and hunger back.

The second thing I see that affects next season is, obviously, theother teams. Specifically the two other top three, plus Liverpool. Chelsea are looking for a permanent manager, and if they get a goodone, Ancelotti, Rijkaard, etc., they'll be looking good already. That'snot including the new players they're looking to get and revamp theteam with. Arsenal are getting better and better too, plus if they keephealthy, they're a threat like they were in 07-08. I could live witheither of them winning next season's PL, but not Liverpool. I mean,Gerrard is 28, so he's in his prime, so he's not going to get anybetter, so you got to figure it's more up to Torres than Gerrard.

So what would you accept? 4 in a row would be nice assuming we win thisseason, but I really wouldn't mind not winning, so long as Liverpooldon't win. Next season would be nice to see our team perform withoutthe pressure of having to win anything on them, despite how unrealisticthat might be. Just play for fun, like football is supposed to be.
返回列表