返回列表 回復 發帖

[討論] Bigging up our unsung heroes

In the wake of last night's defeat, I wanted to take the opportunity topay some due respect to Manchester United's unsung players.

This will mean, I have to show some respect to players I have beenunkind too, but this will mean the same for other forum members.

Take for example Park Ji-Sung.

Now, there has been a lot of debate going on about Nani and I thinksome people single him out unfairly, but I think the consensus is thatthe guy can be frustrating and part of that is his teamwork.

How good is Park in comparison. His finishing and crossing are belowaverage, but he sure can pass and actually bring the ball forward intoenemy territory. He always hustles and on many occasions his hustlinghas led to goals for his team mates.

In simple words,Park knows his strengths and works his socks off by keeping it simple.

What about Edwin van der Sar?

I must have been one of his biggest critics last season and the earlypart o this season, but after a few shaky games he has seemed rathersolid and of the older players looks most likely to still be able tocontribute next season.

Kuszczak might have been good while at West Brom, but a lack of gamehas seen him look rather nervous when he plays and backup keepers haveto be good even when the play seldom. I'm thinking Kuszczak is not asgood a deputy as Raimond van der Gouw was.

In wake of recent performances, I got to admit that van der Sar stillcan do a job and that one of his biggest advocates, Jazz 16, was rightnot to write him off when myself and others were.

And finally let's give some respect to Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher.

Some say Carrick always gets the kudos he deserves, but I disagree.

His passing and calmness are invaluable to the team. Without Carrick orFletcher to partner him, Anderson looked a bit lost and frazzled on thepitch last night.

Carrick might not be as good as more illustrous midfielders in theprem, but I feel he's the best we've got at the moment and though hemay have an occasional off game, his passing is usually spectacular.

I also have to give some respect to Darren Fletcher and here again, hisbiggest advocate CROoney was right to defend him when I was givingstick.

He does have his flaws, like getting dispossessed to easily and findingit difficult to complete a pass, but his positioning, defensive workand work rate mean that his midfield partners have more license to roamand that opposing teams get less time on the ball or space especiallyin midfield or around the penalty box.
返回列表