返回列表 回復 發帖

WHO Executive Board shortlists candidates for Director-General

Source: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/n ... /pr64/en/index.html公仔箱論壇- f% p$ D4 E" k$ b
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。  i( r% h! Y: S. N
6 NOVEMBER 2006 | GENEVA -- The Executive Board of the World Health Organization, meeting in Geneva, today agreed on a shortlist of five candidates for the post of Director-General.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。. I2 M( j5 t: h+ u

" N% _  Q- d. P& |3 u& c# jTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。 The short list of five candidates reads as follows (in alphabetical order):tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb6 U3 q6 u7 e( F

7 w0 B( `) @# K    * Dr Kazem Behbehani
1 C9 L6 B( b0 ftvb now,tvbnow,bttvb    * Dr Margaret Chan
  E& X( ~. p: ]0 {' _9 |" }7 v) A/ [    * Dr Julio Frenk
6 x% W, Z0 n3 p2 x, r    * Dr Shigeru Omi
' Y7 @5 N" \0 l9 S1 y. r公仔箱論壇    * Ms Elena Salgado Méndez
* ^1 q, |9 C$ D' c/ Q1 H5 U. ^1 Z, Vtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
$ x2 x6 g* I- \; x. ITVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。 On Tuesday, the Board will interview the five candidates, and on Wednesday it will nominate one of them for the post of Director-General of the Organization. This nomination will be submitted to the World Health Assembly, which will meet for a one-day special session on Thursday to appoint the next Director-General.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。- f; ?4 U* K! L/ m( Z
公仔箱論壇  s% {" R7 ~7 E# T. {
The current election follows the sudden death of Dr LEE Jong-wook, WHO Director-General, on 22 May 2006. At its meeting on 23 May, the WHO Executive Board agreed on an "accelerated process" for electing a Director-General, which will culminate on 9 November with the appointment of the next Director-General.
Tho I like to see a Chinese on the top WHO posting, Margaret Chan's famous blunder line, "I eat chicken everyday" is still scaring the heck out of me these days.  
6 t6 h& H0 n! Z1 k公仔箱論壇TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。# _7 @6 V3 k, W9 S, ^& T
As on the candidates' backgrounds, I think the Mexican and the Japanese both have much more meat in their credentials.  If I must pick one from these two, I would chose the Mexican because I'm simply prejudice against the Japanese because of the bad blood between the two cultures.  No matter, these two have been representing their "countries" and not just a small "former colony" or an SAR of China.  TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。* U% `- W' L9 M: p/ T; e
5.39.217.767 ~+ r. H0 m6 J$ l. K+ t# T
Chan moved up in rank in HK Government in the 70's during the Brits' rule.  Well, you and I know damn well how the medical professionals treat the general public in the past.  Even now, if you want to schedule a prostate cancer surgery in a public hospital, you have to wait about 10-18 months to get it done.  That's not really adequate medical treatment.  The handling of H5N1 and SAR a few years ago truly reflect the HK officials irresponsibility.  
! j9 c; o6 D  q% c/ p公仔箱論壇+ i9 A, D( \+ V: D
Besides, we all know that in the good old days, all D-8's (department heads in HKG) never have to "mea fie" and never admitted their wrongdoings.  Iong Wing-Keung stepped down because he was not a good PR man and the government used him as a scarifying lamb, as far as I'm concern.  He's a good physician with a good hear, and that's why he speaks his mind at all time and thereby pissed off the audiences from both sides.公仔箱論壇5 W! G, t; d9 e3 N# d( V

, X& y# t5 n$ vTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。China has been grooming Chan lately.  But where is the "one country, two systems" spirit?
: n, N* _; p  }5 j# Q% pTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。8 s' M( s2 Y: h( ]2 l
If Chan's got elected, I like to see her as being a true leadership of humankind and not just working in the shadow of some hidden agenda.
7 M, T7 o# ?9 N5 DTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
0 O) w1 J# @# Q4 S3 @1 |What da ya think?
well, .... it simply make a local health disaster become a global one ...
Well, Dr. Magaret Chan's got the job now.  I certianly hope she can excel without any northern influence but it's easy to say than done becuase she owes them a lot.  Surprised China would groom her instead of its own Minister of Health but I guess it's w double whamy -- Chinese and female.
9 y- v6 o# P" |7 Ntvb now,tvbnow,bttvbTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。5 |5 m; A2 v8 p' T( N+ k4 v
HK media reported, "中國候選人,本港前衞生署長陳馮富珍,當選世界衞生組織總幹事,外長李肇星感謝美國,對中國的支持"。 Wonder what kind of deal they cut?  Anyone knows?
中國政府在岩岩的中非會議上,岩岩先免晒人家的債。
I still remember China's strategy in the Summer Olympic game bid the 1990's and how Beijing reacts to it when Australia (or was it Spain) was picked.  A lot of anger shown and a lot of name calling at the time.  TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。! v/ ?' O9 q/ Q( c9 r

6 r0 s) [$ E0 u& k5.39.217.76Unlike the past, China has a lot of class in the winning of this tense but fair political chess game during the WHO nomination.  It shows the new leadership's willing to work with the entire world, including one of our "enemies" like Japan.  Very classy and great PR work.  Hats off for that!$ V$ u4 |( u- }2 u
公仔箱論壇9 q2 a# s; b2 |3 @" N* L& P! y
It's good to see changes...for better.  It's good for the people and it's good for the world peace!公仔箱論壇; m( i- f) i5 L( x  y! I' a

# D' X# T5 j6 [- a) A* ?(Note:  I"m an amateur, independent and apolitical observer; always in the middle of the road)
返回列表