返回列表 回復 發帖

[時事討論] 林博文: 柯文 戰地烽火中的傳奇

林博文: 柯文 戰地烽火中的傳奇公仔箱論壇4 g& _4 `# M0 {3 O

1 d0 ?4 l# p, S! r, S公仔箱論壇
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。$ K2 z8 L7 e; j! V; A* y8 Y6 h6 K
上周才寫了一篇《紐約時報》中東首席特派員安東尼.夏迪秘密採訪敘利亞亂局因氣喘病突發而辭世的專欄。四十三歲的夏迪死後六天,又傳出五十六歲的《倫敦星期泰晤士報》女戰地記者瑪麗.柯文(Marie Colvin)在敘利亞荷姆斯城(Homs)遭敘國政府軍蓄意炸死的消息。
* A) `5 e. B' J( {
0 |' Y- S# {7 J; L% Z5.39.217.76

6 k  p+ W- Y  V- B& t. m
) k/ t: U* r# g1 f公仔箱論壇% w/ _5 z. H) x9 Y+ ~5 `

; ?+ v* L  P1 W" m3 W4 h, n公仔箱論壇柯文生於紐約長島老羅斯福總統的故鄉。近三十年來,她已成為英文文字媒體的傳奇人物,她在全球烽火地區出生入死地採訪,有人把她和二戰及冷戰時代的著名戰地記者,海明威的第三任妻子瑪莎.葛爾紅(Martha Gellhorn)相提並論。也有人說她是「葛爾紅第二」,因這兩位女性,年輕時漂亮、浪漫、大方、勇敢、煙酒俱佳、文筆又好。而柯文亦頗崇拜葛爾紅,在葛爾紅一九九八年因眼瞎多病而自殺前,柯文和她已成為忘年之交。葛爾紅死時已八十九歲,柯文那時才四十二歲。公仔箱論壇* k. I, X$ c4 Y. E+ N  A% J

; y# x& E# W9 o& X& Z4 K( ]  V: c柯文於二○○一年到斯里蘭卡採訪內戰,上半身遭到政府軍刻意攻擊,即使已向政府軍大喊她是記者,軍隊仍向她開火,而使她左眼變瞎,腦袋和胸部裡仍留著彈片,她從此在左眼戴著黑色眼罩。經過一段時間的休養,這位獨眼記者照樣在戰火中採訪,從阿富汗到伊拉克,從「阿拉伯之春」到利比亞和敘利亞戰亂,她都在第一時間出現於第一線。一九八六年她第一次訪問利比亞獨裁者格達費,這位狂人開始迷戀她,甚至半夜派御醫敲其旅館房門要抽她的血看看是什麼血型,柯文把他罵走。但格達費仍不死心,二十多年來只要柯文提出採訪要求,狂人一定答應。TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。* [# {' o: l" F8 i# l1 Z$ e% X9 |, y- X

2 T) T. w  }# K- J( }0 {( ftvb now,tvbnow,bttvb柯文能在戰地記者行列中出人頭地,跟她的個性、家庭環境、教育和人生觀有很大關係。她出生於一個自由派家庭,父母都是中學教員,柯文在中學時代即參與反對越戰示威。她在高中時曾跑到巴西借讀一年,目的是要學葡萄牙文。她曾一個人開車到耶魯大學要求接受她入學,幸好她的成績出眾,而能成為耶魯學生,主修人類學。但她的最愛是為學生報紙《耶魯每日新聞》寫報導,她立志將來要當記者,特別是海外特派員。一九七八年自耶魯畢業後,先在紐約、紐澤西、西維吉尼亞和華府跑地方新聞。一九八六年,《倫敦星期泰晤士報》把她從合眾國際社巴黎分社挖角過來,她才正式開始以海外特派員身分轉戰各地。5.39.217.76* H; @$ v  b0 {( w
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb! L3 i0 O: M  I& Q7 V
一九九一年老布希總統發動伊拉克戰爭以解救科威特,柯文當時已是中東地區的知名記者,西方同業都要向她請教一些問題。一九九九年,解體後的南斯拉夫烽火遍地,柯文伴隨科索沃反抗軍越界攻擊塞爾維亞軍隊。二○○○年,柯文採訪車臣對抗俄羅斯之役,她所搭乘的一部車子遭俄國飛機掃射,她僅受輕傷,並翻山越嶺逃至喬治亞。她在二○○○年獲得英國海外記者協會年度傑出記者獎、國際婦女媒體基金會的勇氣獎。二○○一年得英國年度傑出海外記者獎,十年後又再獲殊榮。公仔箱論壇4 f# t6 F5 z" W* i

2 Z2 |2 s! ^4 m+ {公仔箱論壇敘利亞總統巴夏.阿塞德正在師法他的屠夫父親海菲茲.阿塞德,大肆屠戮反對他的人民,據保守估計,迄今至少有六千多人喪生。阿拉伯聯盟和西方強權根本沒有辦法有效制裁他,俄羅斯和中國在聯合國安理會為他護航,使他有恃無恐,每天大殺特殺,尤以荷姆斯城死傷最為慘重。
0 q# L) \" I7 |* \' d; A; \公仔箱論壇
) C$ V: {- s7 z! W3 U; H2 o) U
柯文偷偷入境,敘利亞政府早已知道,就像紐時的夏迪一到敘境即被偵知一樣。敘利亞的特務在中東地區是有名的厲害,《紐約客》雜誌說,敘國首都大馬士革唯一的一座現代化旅館是「四季大飯店」,這個旅館的大廳和停車場上布滿了特務。敘國情報機構每天用機器探測柯文和幾個西方記者的衛星電話訊號,很快地查到柯文等人所居住的一棟建築。敘利亞軍方下令摧毀這棟建築,目的是要把柯文等人置於死地。敘利亞軍隊在二月二十二日發射了二百五十多枚火箭,柯文和一個二十八歲的德國攝影記者被炸死,八十多名敘利亞平民喪生,另有三名記者負傷。柯文的七十九歲母親在長島家裡聽到女兒的死訊,不禁老淚縱橫,但也為女兒能夠在過去三十多年追求她所熱愛的新聞事業,並在最後犧牲於工作崗位上為榮。柯文的同事和她的兄弟都說,她一向有化險為夷的九條命,但這次卻未能逢凶化吉,而死於敘利亞屠夫之手,世界從此失去一個傑出的女戰地記者。公仔箱論壇# O8 L! C- Q6 y; ?
7 r0 Z' s! N% b% g8 x7 M0 ]
六十年前的韓戰,亦曾出現勇敢、美貌的女戰地記者瑪格麗特.希金斯(MargueriteHiggins)。韓戰爆發時她是《紐約前鋒論壇報》東京分社主任,美軍指揮官華克將軍拒絕女性採訪戰事,她直接向麥克阿瑟統帥抗議。麥帥立即撤銷禁令,而使她成為一個優秀的韓戰戰地記者,並於一九五一年和另外五位男記者同獲普立茲獎。南韓政府遲至前年九月才公開表揚希金斯對韓戰報導的貢獻。希金斯於一九六五年年底採訪越戰時得熱帶病,翌年初辭世,得年四十五歲。tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb5 m% I* Z: \( Y3 p

7 C% Z6 L+ Z0 C1 y" a5.39.217.76柯文、葛爾紅和希金斯都在近代戰地新聞史上留下永恆的光芒。
附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件
本帖最後由 felicity2010 於 2012-2-29 08:37 AM 編輯
8 m% X* e# P% s) D8 @% _1 oTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
9 z8 L! y6 P. n: `' D8 u0 A9 QTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。Another photojournalist, Remi Ochlik, died alongside Marie Colvin in Homs. Jonathan Jones wrote a beautiful article mourning for the loss of this young man. The piece is so well-written that is practically an eulogy.  W8 G5 K! J, z9 U& q4 h. V

1 D! n' D/ R9 Z2 m* i/ atvb now,tvbnow,bttvbJohnathan Jones:Rémi Ochlik's great photograph tells truth about the Arab spring
$ H2 q2 E1 r: n; [5.39.217.76
  e8 u7 a" ]* N! W. z% p; Q

5 t1 R$ A. B6 {
8 X2 U" S* G7 T- R. b( g! m+ z; c6 o: i. V! Q9 r
In a moment of chaos in Libya,the late war photographer produced a rich, subtle portrait of a young revolutionary
9 p$ k) E! m( H7 v; Dtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb5.39.217.76# h+ q8 @- g+ B1 D  T
Here is the proof that the world lost a great war photographer when Rémi Ochlik was killed in Syria this week. Ochlik was only 28 when he died but already a profound and original observer of the most dramatic events of our time – as this photograph of a young Libyan showing off a gun he has looted from the compound of Muammar Gaddafi shows.
- a! _" S; R" l) aTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。( {. J* I8 X2 V8 g
It is the 23 September 2011,and rebels are overrunning Gaddafi's stronghold in Tripoli.This youth has come away with a gun, and poses with it as a romantic rebel. In his red beret against a wall of fire in a fervent north-African twilight, he wears white straps over a ragged shirt as he looks at Ochlik. The photograph captures a moment of excitement and impulse and unpredictability: we don't know what the gun-toting youth is saying or thinking, and he may not know himself in the heat of the moment. Behind him a figure seems to stagger with the thrill of it all as he helps carry a heavy box, presumably of more looted stuff.
  \, D3 H: m, T$ k/ [9 G* C7 y: c5.39.217.76
0 g7 P3 K/ C( n1 N" k2 tThe picture is full of ambiguities. Is this young hero a veteran of many battles, or has he just got swept up in the drama? Is he an idealist or an opportunist? Ochlik has captured a very human moment – a young man striking a glorious pose. It is a great image of the Arab spring, a portrait of a revolutionary that is rich and subtle. There is a tender, even sexual beauty to the portrait. This rebel happens to be good looking, slightly feminine, and the photograph has something about it of the paintings of Caravaggio in its sensuous capturing of immediate, strange urban reality.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb) u5 B: R) J! U' e- v  R% L

9 H5 u* W. M- I  m4 x- T: aIt is a work of art. In an age of instant pictures taken on mobile phones, the role of the professional newshound photographer dashing around the world to record wars and revolutions might seem archaic. But this picture shows how an accomplished and serious photographer who has studied the methods and history of his art and has a special eye for potent scenes can contribute a richer vision than you or I would ever manage if we just happened to be there with a camera. This guy had talent, and a personal way of seeing, and it shines in this photograph. The light is extraordinary – he saw the coincidence of a building on fire and the flaming sunset, and got this youth to pose between the two, so that natural and unnatural fires are mixed in a palette of red and gold.Because of these furnaces behind him, the youth is seen by contrast in cool,dark blues.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。: ?1 z& C5 s* H2 @+ R" U
- F( L2 ]8 h% Y! L3 q+ m
I suppose this is what makes the photograph Caravaggesque. Just as the Baroque painter pictured young street urchins in dramatic polarities of light and darkness,so Ochlik has taken the opportunity of fire and evening to romantically pool blueness around this rebel.
8 s; S# H4 K9 H% v; ~$ h% ?* J+ {# }" D! X; E3 E
It is a picture of adventure: and in that sense it might stand as a glimpse of autobiography. While the young Libyan totes his gun, the young photographer is there with his camera. Both seem drawn to the romance of the moment. The subject of the picture is proud and excited to be part of these great events.Meanwhile Ochlik has been drawn there by an adventurous impulse of his own. He photographed the Arab spring from the start. You can follow his journey in his pictures, from Tunisia to Egypt,always at the heart of the revolutionary action, then in his award-winning work in Libya. His adventure finally took him to Syria,where his determination to witness the incredible events of our century was cruelly rewarded.
% M. }5 q, z) j1 P5 S: p/ rTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。/ b+ a, ~, s1 D) C1 z
Humanity and compassion shine in this picture. In a moment of high drama and chaos Ochlik manages not just to take a striking photograph but one with emotional depth. We see a life, a story, unspoken and mysterious but fascinating and individual, in this picture. The same tenderness shines in Ochlik's other work from Libya. He photographed the body of Gaddafi,and did so with a sensitivity utterly unlike more gory images that flashed around the world. In his pictures from Libya there is at once an empathy with the oppressed – it is clear whose side he is on – and a clear eye for the moral ambiguities of war. He frankly shows rebels pointing a gun brutally at the head of an alleged Gaddafi mercenary.5.39.217.76$ e- b' ^- X+ F/ C
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb/ Z: J5 H% M! r  i
This picture typifies Ochlik's humane truth-telling. It tries to make us seethe real, blazing, impossible drama of a moment in a war when courage and opportunism,glory and madness are hard to tell apart. It is at once heroic, delicate and warmly comic, as he responds to this revolutionary's style.
: j) b, ?$ a& v2 q, v$ t' {tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb" ~9 ?3 f" |9 ?: Z! k' \+ T# c
War photographers are obviously among the last romantics of the modern world.Ochlik wrote about a friend, Lucas Mebrouk Dolega, who was killed photographing the protests in Tunisia in January 2011. "Little by little", he said, his young colleague "was realising his dream,covering world news". That was at the start of the Arab spring, and already Ochlik saw, up close, proof of the risks he and other photographers were taking on the revolution's front line as it moved gradually towards his rendezvous in Syria.公仔箱論壇1 C1 s5 G) O6 o; l3 e5 r# E
5.39.217.76, W& }9 ^, s' Q  D. u
Photojournalism is an art for the brave. Ochlik witnessed so much, in his short life, and left photographs like this one, that deserve to be looked at for as long as war and revolution stir fascination and fear and compassion.
附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件

評分次數

• aa00

返回列表