返回列表 回復 發帖

Big Phil to leave Blues waiting

Chelsea have been warned that if they want to appoint Luiz Felipe Scolari as Avram Grant’s successor then they will have to wait until Portugal’s Euro 2008 campaign is finished to begin negotiations.
The man affectionately known as ‘Big Phil’ was strongly linked with the Manchester City job at the start of the month but the removal of Grant on Saturday has led to speculation that Stamford Bridge could be his destination if he does indeed move to The Premier League.
Various newspapers reported on Monday morning that Chelsea will be seeking to install a ‘hard man’ and disciplinarian, and Scolari certainly fits the former description having become involved in a scuffle with Serbia defender Ivica Dragutinovic in a Euro 2008 qualifier in March.
The fact that his contract with Portugal expires at the end of the Euro 2008 finals would be attractive to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, who has also been linked with names such as Mark Hughes, Frank Rijkaard and Roberto Mancini as he seeks a fourth manager in five years.
However, Scolari’s advisor, Acaz Fellegger, claims the man who led Brazil to glory in the 2002 World Cup will not entertain any thoughts about his future until the finals in Austria and Switzerland have come to a close.
“I spoke on the telephone with Felipao on Friday and there was nothing related to Chelsea,” said Felleger to O Jogo.
“Only yesterday I learned through the newspapers that Avram Grant had left and they are studying the names of his successor, so the interest of Chelsea in Scolari is news to me.
“At this stage, when Felipao is preparing for the European Championship finals, there is no chance to sign a contract with someone or even have negotiations.”
Meanwhile, respected French daily L’Equipe claims that Chelsea have made preliminary contact with their former player Didier Deschamps regarding the vacant job at Stamford Bridge.
The former France international won the FA Cup with Chelsea in 2000 and has developed a promising reputation in the managerial world after successful spells with Monaco and Juventus.
返回列表