返回列表 回復 發帖

Mourinho: I'm not special

Jose Mourinho announced his arrival as manager of Inter by insisting he is a 'great coach' but no longer wants to be known as 'The Special One'.
The Portuguese manager was unveiled as Inter’s new boss on Tuesday after replacing Roberto Mancini at the San Siro helm.
Mourinho famously described himself as a 'special' coach when he first arrived at Chelsea, but this time around, he insisted it is the club who are special and not him.
"I am Mourinho - period," he said at his unveiling.
"I have arrived to a special club and I believe I am a great coach but I don't want to be special."
Mourinho gained a reputation as an outspoken and often controversial figure in England, but the former Chelsea boss is adamant he won’t change his ways.
"I don't change," he said. "I am the same person as I was before, with the same mission and the same passion for my work.
"I have always believed that I would like to work in Italy and at a great club.
"I want to thank (Inter president) Massimo Moratti and (sporting director) Marco Branca that have given me this opportunity.
"For me this is a very important challenge but I believe that it could be very enjoyable also for you (the media)."
Mourinho has a lot to live up to at the San Siro after Mancini won three consecutive Serie A titles.
But the new Inter boss was quick to lavish praise on his predecessor who has been linked to the vacant manger’s job at Chelsea.
"I need to start a new cycle after that of Mancini, who I consider a great coach, but I am a different tactician," he added.
"I want to change the football philosophy of the team, this is my challenge.
"Moratti has asked me to be myself and to be Mourinho means to work in harmony with players, with the club and with the fans."
返回列表