返回列表 回復 發帖

Premier League - Shevchenko "was a Chelsea success"

Peter Kenyon believes Andriy Shevchenko provided value for money during his time at Chelsea.

The Blues chief executive was defending accusations that the recently departed Ukrainian striker had proved to be an expensive flop at Stamford Bridge.
Asked if he felt Chelsea had got value for money for Shevchenko, Kenyon replied: "Yes, I do! I do!"
The 31-year-old arrived in England for £30 million in 2006, bringing with him a reputation as Europe's most feared forwards.
But the investment worked out at more than £3m for each of his nine Premier League goals in 47 appearances, and he has returned to former club AC Milan with a point to prove.
Kenyon insisted Shevchenko should not be labelled as a failure as he fulfilled his duties at the club.
"I get fed up because it's not right," he said.
"I'm not giving a lesson on accountancy, but you do write money off over the term of a contract.
"What we pay is in an investment. During that period you have a player who is doing a job and in this industry you buy and sell players."
Kenyon accepted that some deals turn out better than others, citing the summer signing of playmaker Deco as an example of how to bring in quality acquisitions at a sensible price.
"You have to look at these things pragmatically, sometimes these things don't work as well as you want them to," he added.
"Remember, we got Deco for £8million and that looks to be the buy of the season.
"You have got to counter these things and we are happy with where we are
返回列表