返回列表 回復 發帖

Premier League - Anelka: Never write off United

EXCLUSIVE! In his first blog for Eurosport-Yahoo!, Chelsea and France striker Nicolas Anelka says that the 1-1 draw with Manchester United proved that you can never write Sir Alex Ferguson's men off.

"Many of you will have seen a really good match between Chelsea and Manchester United on Sunday.
My team, Chelsea, went behind early in the game but we played really well in the second half and deserved to get a point - or even win it.
We started quite well this season, although obviously we would have liked to beat United and Tottenham.
United didn't start the campaign so well, but I cannot believe that some people were trying to write them off this early in the season!
Even if they had lost at Stamford Bridge you can never discount them because, for many years, they have started the championship in difficult circumstances.
But they always seem to come back very strong to finish in the top positions. And I think this season will be no different.
They're a great team and, like all great teams, Manchester United are always going to be there or thereabouts, performing in the big matches and making their presence felt in the title shake-up.
United proved their strength against us, by playing very well in a crucial match after an indifferent start to the campaign.
But despite struggling to stay with them at first, we were the more dangerous team in the second half and, on our own turf, we pushed really hard.
And, even though we had to come from behind, we had chances to win the match in the end.
What we did at Stamford Bridge showed our courage and togetherness as a team. We fought for everything, but I think we were a bit tired and we really missed Deco, who was injured in the warm-up.
Of course we have many great players, but Deco has been brilliant since he arrived here and he is very important to our style of play.
Personally, I missed a few good opportunities to score, and I could have done better.
But it is not secret that I play better alongside another striker, particularly with Didier Drogba in a 4-4-2.
Hopefully I'll have some more chances do so!"
返回列表