返回列表 回復 發帖

Mineiro set for Chelsea

Brazilian midfielder Mineiro is expected to join Chelsea within the next 24 hours following an injury to Deco.

The 33-year-old is available to move outside the transfer window after being released by Hertha Berlin and was linked to Chelsea, Arsenal and Birmingham.
Luiz Felipe Scolari initially wanted to sign his compatriot as midfielder cover after Michael Essien was ruled out for six months, and the transfer has been accelerated after Deco was injured during the warm-up to the 1-1 draw with Manchester United.
"Mineiro is a player I need because I lost Essien for six months and only John Mikel Obi is there for us," said Scolari. "He won't play this week but maybe after 10 days he will play.
"He needs to play in the reserve team and needs some time but that is good for me because he gives me some options.
"We will miss Deco, it is not good news. But it's hard to say at the moment [how bad the injury is]."
Michael Ballack stepped in for Deco as Chelsea came from behind to earn a point at Stamford Bridge.
返回列表