返回列表 回復 發帖

Scolari persuaded me to stay at Chelsea, says Drogba

LONDON: Didier Drogba has admitted Luiz Felipe Scolari persuaded him to stay at Chelsea when the Ivory Coast striker was considering a move away from Stamford Bridge in the close-season.
Drogba spent much of last season disgruntled after Jose Mourinho’s shock exit and he was repeatedly linked with a transfer during the transfer window.
But the former Marseille star eventually decided to snub interest from several top European clubs after an emotional heart-to-heart with new boss Scolari.
Having worked with the Brazilian for nearly three months now, Drogba is happy that he made the right choice and has likened Scolari to Mourinho.
“Scolari is one of those coaches who is very close to the players. His style is similar to Mourinho’s,” Drogba told The People.
“I like this type of coach. I feel much more comfortable with this style of management.
“I spoke with him and he showed he wanted me to stay and that is what finally convinced me.
“I have had a lot to think about throughout this summer. It is true that it was 50/50 as to whether I would stay but I still think I have something to prove.” -
返回列表