返回列表 回復 發帖

03/01/2008 15:42, Report by Ben Hibbs

Scholes itching to return

Sir Alex Ferguson can be certain he will be linked with a number of top transfer targets this month, but he can at least look forward to having one more world class player at his disposal in January.

Paul Scholes says he is on course to return at the end of the month to aid United’s Premier League title ambitions.

The influential 33-year-old midfielder has started running again after spending over two months on the sidelines following knee ligament surgery.

“I’ve started running now,” said Scholesy. “I’ve got these next few weeks to get as fit as I can, so hopefully I’ll be fresh when I come back. It’s a couple of months since the operation now and everything seems to be OK. I’m on track to return at the end of January or the start of February.”

Scholes sustained the injury during training before the Champions League Group F clash with Dynamo Kyiv in October. “I felt something during the training session but I managed to carry on,” he explained. “It was only really the next day that I thought there might be a problem and a scan showed that I had ruptured my lateral ligament in my knee, which is an injury that doesn’t often occur.”

It's not been an easy few months for Scholes, who admits he isn’t the best spectator. “It’s been frustrating for me,” he concedes. “I still see all the games, but it does get a bit boring just watching because all you want is to be out there playing. But I know that I have to be patient and hopefully I'll be back playing soon.”

The Salford-born midfielder will be looking at a possible return in the league matches against Portsmouth (30 Jan) and Tottenham (2 Feb) depending on how this next stage of his recovery goes.

03/01/2008 07:49, Report by Gary Neville

Blog: Gary Neville

"In general I’d say 2007 was a good year for United. We were disappointed with losing the FA Cup final and going out in the Champions League but with us winning the league again I think you can say it’s been a very good year.

"We’ve also started this season well – we’re in a position now where we’re near the top of the table and we’ve qualified for the knockout stage of the Champions League.

"There were smaller disappointments as well – losing against City, Bolton and West Ham, for example – but I think we’re starting 2008 in a good position. Having said that, I don’t think we can afford to lose another three games this season – maybe only one or two now. But right now we’re still in contention for the title and that’s all you can ask for. We’d definitely have taken our current position at the start of 2007. And the most important games are still to come.

"The league is a little more open this season  but it’s still the most exciting league to play in. Some of the technical quality in Spain is fantastic but in terms of excitement I think the Premier League is the best.

"On a personal level, I’ve missed playing football desperately. Football’s what I do and it’s what I’ve been doing for years, so it’s very frustrating to be watching from the sidelines. Obviously I’ve had injuries before but never for this length of time. I hope in 2008 I get on the pitch a lot more often.

"It’s hard to say how far away from a return I am, to be honest. If you ask me today I’d say I’m close as I’ve trained with the team for two-and-a-half weeks now and I even felt like I could have been involved against Birmingham City on New Year’s Day.
"Obviously what’s going against me is the fact I haven’t played football for 10 months. And I think it could be difficult for me to get a match. The lads have some momentum going now, they’ve defended well and Wes has done extremely well at right back. There aren’t many opportunities for the manager to throw me into the side to ease me back in.

"If there was a Reserves game or a Carling Cup match tomorrow then I’d probably be playing but we have important league and FA Cup matches now and it would probably be a risk to play me in one of those since I haven't been on the pitch for 10 months.
"I’m happy in the sense that I’m training with the team again and I’m feeling pretty good fitness-wise. What's frustrating, however, is that I feel like I could play a match – unfortunately there just hasn't been a Reserves game or friendly match for me to play in."
Papers: Tevez is tops
04/01/2008 09:46

Tevez is top man
Sir Alex Ferguson has overlooked Cristiano Ronaldo and hailed Carlos Tevez as Manchester United's player of the season so far. Despite Ronaldo scoring 18 goals and providing numerous assists, Fergie picked out Tevez as his top performer. The Argentina striker has scored 10 times since joining from West Ham in August and Ferguson said: "We're delighted with Tevez, so I think I'd have to plump for him. He's been excellent and he's scored a lot of goals. He has a fantastic appetite for his football and has really endeared himself to the players and fans. They know they've got someone who will try his heart out."
Staff reporter, Daily Mirror

The above quotes have been taken from Inside United's Ask Sir Alex feature. Order your copy now to read more from the boss and an exclusive interview with Wayne Rooney.

In other news, Juande Ramos has warned Chelsea and United that Dimitar Berbatov will cost £35million. According to The Sun, Spurs hope their monster valuation of the Bulgarian will deter both Chelsea and United and any other big club from an approach.

Elsewhere, Tottenham's £9million bid to snatch United target Alan Hutton has failed after the Rangers defender turned them down. The Sun claims the deal may still be on, saying the Rangers and Scotland right-back wants a few days to mull things over - especially with United showing interest too.
Round up by Gemma Thompson

01/01/2008 17:20, Report by Ben Hibbs

Tevez FA cup doubt

Carlos Tevez is a doubt for Saturday’s FA Cup third round clash with Aston Villa after suffering an ankle injury against Birmingham City, but Wayne Rooney is expected to recover from a virus in time for the trip to the West Midlands.
Tevez got the goal that handed United victory over Villa’s city neighbours at Old Trafford on New Year’s Day, but a heavy challenge on his ankle means he is now a major doubt for the game.
“Carlos got a bad tackle on his ankle in the first half and the longer he played the worse it got,” Sir Alex told MUTV.

“We had to bring him off and we will assess him on Wednesday morning to see what damage there is. Obviously, he is doubtful for Saturday now.”
Tevez was carried off at the end of the game after being replaced by Louis Saha. Although the injury isn’t thought to be serious, he will have it checked by United’s medical staff.
But as the Reds embark on the business end of the season, Sir Alex will be keen to have the Argentina international back in action quickly. His strike against Birmingham, after a sublime one-two with Cristiano Ronaldo, was his 10th goal of the season.

04/01/2008 12:44, Report by Gemma Thompson & Ben Hibbs

Reds reject bid for Wes

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that the club have turned down an offer from Newcastle United for defender Wes Brown.

The 28-year-old, whose current contract runs until the summer, is free to speak to other clubs having refused to sign a new deal with the Reds.

Contract negotiations have been ongoing between Brown and United for most of the season. The Reds made their final offer just before Christmas, but the England international is yet to put pen to paper.

And Sir Alex insists the matter is now completely in Brown's hands.

"There was an enquiry from Newcastle about Wes and we turned it down," confirmed the United boss on Friday.

"The matter rests with Wes and his agent. We'll just wait and see what happens. Our offer is still there - it's now up to Wes."

04/01/2008 11:37, Report by Ben Hibbs & Gemma Thompson

Duo set for Cup return

Wayne Roooney and Edwin van der Sar are both likely to be back in action on Saturday for United's FA Cup third round trip to Aston Villa, but Carlos Tevez remains a doubt.

Rooney has missed United's last two matches with a virus, while van der Sar has not featured since the 1-0 win over Liverpool on 16 December because of a groin problem.

Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed the Dutch keeper will start in goal at his pre-match press conference and is hopeful Rooney will also play some part in the game.

Tevez, meanwhile, injured his ankle in the Reds' 1-0 win over Birmingham on New Year's Day and is still struggling with the knock.

"We'll give him every chance because he's been in such good form, but he remains a doubt," revealed Sir Alex.

The return of Rooney and van der Sar is a big boost for the Reds, and there was more good news on the injury front as United skipper Gary Neville finally appears to be close to a first-team return.

"Gary is doing great," added Sir Alex. "He will play in the Reserves against Everton on Wednesday. I was thinking about taking him down with the rest of the squad to Villa Park, but I think he is best off doing his training and taking part in the Reserves next week."
04/01/2008 14:43, Report by Ben Hibbs

Reds laugh off Ronny rumours

Sir Alex Ferguson has dismissed the latest bout of claims that Real Madrid are set to snatch Cristiano Ronaldo from Old Trafford as "nonsense".

The 22-year-old winger has once again proved he is among the world's elite players with some scintillating performances and 19 goals this term.

Speculation in Spain's press have suggested the la Liga giants are ready to move for Ronaldo - a rumour that Sir Alex has become accustomed to.

"I anticipated this," Sir Alex said somewhat wearily. "In the New Year you almost expect it.

"The thing about this story is that it has been claimed that David Gill has been speaking to Real Madrid. That is a complete lie. We have never spoken to them. The story depends on agents and their imaginations.

"At best it's mischievous, but I just dismiss it because it's nonsense. But, who wouldn’t be interested in Ronaldo? That’s why we bought him."

Sir Alex has also virtually ruled out any moves in the January transfer market this January. Other than potential loan deals for some of the Reds' younger players, it should be a quiet month on the transfer front. "It's unlikely that we will be making any moves," he added.
06/01/2008 19:13, Report by Adam Bostock

Ferguson to face his son?

Sir Alex Ferguson will be looking for a family affair when the FA Cup fourth round draw is made on Monday afternoon (13:30 GMT).

The boss was delighted son Darren's team joined the Reds in reaching the last 32. League Two side Peterborough punched above their weight to knock out Championship club Colchester and will now hope to be rewarded with a money-spinning fourth round tie.

Sir Alex told MUTV: "We'd like a home draw and it would be great if it was against Peterborough... it would give my son Darren a good cheque!"

United are one of only six top-flight teams definitely in the fourth round, the others being Middlesbrough, Wigan, Portsmouth, Chelsea and Arsenal who beat Burnley 2-0 away on Sunday.

Liverpool, Derby, Fulham and United's next league opponents Newcastle also played on Sunday but they could only draw with lower league sides, namely Luton, Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol Rovers and Stoke City respectively.

However, replays for those clubs are respectable by comparison with Bolton, Blackburn and Everton who suffered shock exits at home to Sheffield United, Coventry and Oldham. Birmingham were also knocked out, away to Huddersfield, while Roy Keane's
Sunderland lost at home to Steve Bruce's Wigan.

FA Cup Third Round Results
Saturday 5 January

Aston Villa 0-2 Man Utd
Barnsley 2-1 Blackpool
Blackburn 1-4 Coventry
Bolton 0-1 Sheff Utd
Brighton 1-2 Mansfield
Bristol C 1-2 Middlesbro
Charlton 1-1 West Brom
Chasetown 1-3 Cardiff
Chelsea 1-0 QPR
Colchester 1-3 Peterborough
Everton 0-1 Oldham
Huddersfield 2-1 Birmingham
Ipswich 0-1 Portsmouth
Norwich 1-1 Bury
Plymouth 3-2 Hull City
Preston 1-0 Scunthorpe
Southampton 2-0 Leicester
Southend 5-2 Dag & Red
Sunderland 0-3 Wigan
Swansea 1-1 Havant & W  
Swindon 1-1 Barnet
Tottenham 2-2 Reading  
Tranmere 2-2 Hereford
Walsall 0-0 Millwall
Watford 2-0 C Palace
West Ham 0-0 Man City
Wolves 2-1 Cambridge

Sunday 6 January
Burnley 0-2 Arsenal
Derby 2-2 Sheff Wed
Fulham 2-2 Bristol R
Luton 1-1 Liverpool
Stoke 0-0 Newcastle

FA Cup: Teams in the drawPremier League: United, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Portsmouth, Chelsea, Arsenal
Championship: Southampton, Barnsley, Wolves, Cardiff, Preston, Sheffield United, Coventry, Watford, Plymouth
League 1: Huddersfield, Southend, Oldham
League 2: Peterborough, Mansfield
Replays: Manchester City v West Ham, West Brom v Charlton, Hereford v Tranmere, Reading v Tottenham, Barnet v Swindon, Bury v Norwich, Millwall v Walsall, Havant & Waterlooville v Swansea, Fulham v Bristol Rovers, Derby v Sheffield Wednesday, Liverpool v Luton, Newcastle v Stoke

05/01/2008 19:46, Report by Adam Bostock

Rooney salutes away fans

Wayne Rooney praised United's away supporters after more than 7,000 of them helped the Reds to win a tight FA Cup tie at Aston Villa.
Like his manager Sir Alex Ferguson, the goalscoring substitute feels the noise generated by the fans is a key factor in the club’s excellent record of 11 straight wins at Villa Park.
Rooney told MUTV: “It (the support) is brilliant. Some teams struggle to fill the away end in a Premier League match. Obviously we get more tickets in the Cup but we’ve filled it again.

"It’s a fantastic effort from the fans. The atmosphere’s always good. I enjoy playing at Villa Park and we’ve certainly deserved our wins here.”

United deserved their latest victory at Villa Park by virtue of being more clinical in front of goal. But Rooney believes the game could have gone either way until Cristiano Ronaldo finally drew first blood in the 81st minute.

"It was an even game and towards the end, it looked like going to a replay," said Wayne.

"We did well to keep going and Ronaldo did well to get in the box and put us in a winning position. We were so thankful to get the first goal because we knew then the game would open up a bit more for a few more chances."

When Rooney converted one of those chances, it took his tally for the season to 11 goals for club and country - not bad in a campaign blighted by breaks for injury and illness.

"It’s been a stop-start season for me. But I’m looking forward to getting in a full week of training before the Newcastle game."Hopefully I’ll be playing regularly again now and helping us to win trophies."

Rooney would certainly love the FA Cup to be on his list of trophies won, having lost his two finals so far in 2005 and 2007.

"To lose an FA Cup final is horrible, it’s disappointing," said Wayne, recalling the agonisingly unlucky defeats to Arsenal and Chelsea.

"Hopefully we can go all the way this time, it’s a boyhood dream of mine to win the FA Cup."
05/01/2008 19:13, Report by Gemma Thompson

Rio hails Wazza impact

Rio Ferdinand says the introduction of Wayne Rooney swung the FA Cup third round tie at Aston Villa in United's favour.

Up until Rooney's arrival as a substitute in the 70th minute, the Reds had struggled to create any real openings during a somewhat dull match.

Cristiano Ronaldo struck the killer blow, however, nine minutes from time, bundling home Ryan Giggs' cross, before Rooney sealed a 2-0 victory with a low drive past Scott Carson.

"Wayne is a fantastic footballer with bundles of energy. He may have missed the last couple of games [with a virus], but he looked very fresh when he came on and I think he was the difference," Ferdinand told BBC Sport.

"We always knew it was going to be a tough game, but I thought we were grinding them down gradually in the second half and we had a lot of possession.

"When Wayne came on, the openings started to come and thankfully we managed to stick the ball in the back of the net."

Some in the football world have questioned the importance of the FA Cup in the build-up to this season's third round fixtures, but Ferdinand insists it's a special tournament and remains one of United's major
priorities.

"The FA Cup is up there with the top trophies to win," he declared. "We don't go into any competition thinking that we don't care about the tournament - I think that's very disrespectful.

"No matter what team goes out there to play for Manchester United, we want to win. We never go anywhere and try and settle for a draw. It's not in our nature to do that and the manager wouldn't settle for that either.

"We came here to win and thankfully we did that. Hopefully we can go on a run in the Cup because to win it would be fantastic."
05/01/2008 18:10, Report by Gemma Thompson

Boss praises dogged defence

Sir Alex Ferguson took time to praise his back four after the Reds' defence stood firm at Villa Park to help United book their place in the FA Cup fourth round.

Edwin van der Sar had little to do during a lacklustre 90 minutes, thanks in the main to the dogged displays in front of him from Wes Brown, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra.

Sir Alex was delighted with the 2-0 victory over Martin O'Neill's side - earned through late goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and substitute Wayne Rooney - and saluted a resolute performance from his defenders.

"It was an absolutely magnificent performance from all of them," he told MUTV. "We never looked like losing a goal which is crucial in a tight cup tie. And especially when you look at the good form Aston Villa have been in.

"So it was important that we didn't give them any encouragement and the defence can take great credit for that.

"There was nothing in it in the first half and to be honest as the game went on I couldn't see a goal coming," added Sir Alex. "We didn't have any really great chances up until the first goal from Ronaldo.

"Villa had doubled-up on him all day and never made it easy for the boy. But he's always likely to do what he did and that goal opened things up for us because it forced them to try and get back into it. It's a great result and we're very pleased."

Wayne Rooney's introduction in the 70th minute made the difference and Sir Alex was delighted
with the striker's contribution.

"He changed the game," declared the boss. "He brought a sudden thrust of enthusiasm and direct play through the way he attacked their defenders.

"We've been looking for a new Solskjaer to come off the bench for a few years now," joked the boss. "No really though, he made a heck of a difference when he came on."

The manager was also keen to heap praise on United's travelling faithful, around seven thousand of whom made the journey to the Midlands.

"They were absolutely fantastic," he said. "Every time we come to Villa Park whether it be for an FA semi-final or a league match they're always really up for it and that makes a difference to the team.

"I made that point last week [after the Birmingham game]. And when our fans are like they were today we don't let them down."
05/01/2008 18:04, Report by Adam Bostock

Report: Villa 0 United 2

Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney both scored in the last ten minutes as United bucked up to book their place in the FA Cup fourth round.

The Portuguese star stole in front of Aston Villa full-back Wilfred Bouma to prod home the first goal from Ryan Giggs's low cross in the 81st minute, just when a dour tie seemed destined for a replay at Old Trafford. And when Ronaldo's 89th minute shot was initially blocked, substitute Rooney drilled the rebound past Scott Carson - this just moments after the Villa keeper had made a double save from Michael Carrick.
With only stoppage time remaining, there was really no time for Martin O'Neill's side to recover - especially when it was a side so devoid of any real attacking threat. United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar had even less to do than he did in his previous appearance, when he kept a clean sheet at Liverpool in mid-December.
Van der Sar's return was one of four changes to the team which narrowly defeated Villa’s arch-rivals Birmingham on New Year’s Day. Ryan Giggs replaced Nani, Louis Saha deputised for the injured Carlos Tevez and Wes Brown - the subject of a rejected bid from Newcastle - returned at right-back at the expense of John O’Shea.
Anderson fired the first shot across Villa's bows when he burst forward from midfield in the fifth minute. The Brazilian travelled a similar distance to Giggs in his epic ’99 goal on the same ground but unlike Arsenal, Aston Villa didn’t present a string of defenders for the United attacker to
slalom around. The exposed Carson blocked Anderson's shot, although it was too strong for the Villa keeper to clutch it at the first time of asking.
With Giggs operating through the middle to support Saha, it made room for Ji-sung Park to catch the eye on the left flank in the first half. Moments after delivering one menacing cross which Carson did well to claim, the Korean laid a neat pass into the path of his pal Patrice Evra. The French left-back fizzed the ball into the box and Giggs met it with a header that packed a punch but lacked precision.
Giggs had a more clear-cut opportunity on the brink of half-time when Ronaldo drove in a fierce shot from the left. England goalkeeper Carson could only parry the ball into his opponent's path but unlike the Croatians in November, the United captain couldn’t capitalise and his clumsy half-volley crawled wide of the far post.
At the other end, any hopes that Gabriel Agbonlahor had of impressing new England coach Fabio Capello were crushed by the experience and strength of Nemanja Vidic. The Italian will have scribbled down Rio Ferdinand's name, however, after the England defender restricted Villa's John Carew to one shot into the side netting.
The first 45 minutes were surely the poorest half seen in the four recent meetings between United and Villa at this stage of the competition. And the cagey tie barely improved after the break, at least not until Sir Alex Ferguson gave the noisy away fans the personnel change they were chanting for.
Rooney came on for Park in the 70th minute and was soon involved in United's best move of the match, a long one-two with Ronaldo which ended with the sub striking a great shot just over the crossbar.
Another of Villa's young England hopefuls Ashley Young may have fired a shot just inches wide but United looked much the better - and fitter - side as the game entered its decisive final phase. The introduction of Rooney - scorer of two league goals at Villa Park in October - made all the difference. It even seemed to perk up his sidekick Ronaldo who scored the first goal and then assisted the second.

In the brief spell between United's goals, Villa sub Craig Gardner went close with a header from Gareth Barry's superb left-wing cross but van der Sar and the visitors were not to be beaten. Certainly not at Villa Park, where the Reds remain undefeated since 1995 in all but one League Cup tie. With the firepower of Ronaldo and Rooney and a water-tight defence in which Ferdinand and Vidic excel, few would bet against the Reds returning to their favourite away ground next April for yet another FA Cup semi-final.

Aston Villa: Carson; Mellberg, Laursen, Davies, Bouma (Gardner, 83); Petrov (Maloney, 75), Reo-Coker, Barry, Young; Agbonlahor, Carew (Moore, 64).
Subs not used: Taylor, Knight.
Bookings: None.

United: Van der Sar; Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Ronaldo, Carrick, Anderson, Park (Rooney, 70); Giggs (O'Shea, 90), Saha (Hargreaves, 79).
Subs: Heaton, Nani.
Bookings: None.

广告时间

各位火焰帮. 曼联会员. VIP 们,

我好荣幸可以代表你地去参加 devil2007 (魔鬼天使) 搞即 " TVBNOW 聖誕新年有乜搞作之“聖誕新年歌改詞比賽”"

依家入左围, 请你地去尼度http://www.tvbnow.com/thread-242763-1-1.html投我一票.

请投25號一票.

多谢晒!:014:

其实你5一定要投卑我. 我本人觉得D入围作品都好有水准.请大家用心去欣赏所有参赛者既心血作品, 同多D参与TVBNOW每一个版主办的活动!
07/01/2008 09:41, Report by Gemma Thompson

Edwin happy to stay

Edwin van der Sar has spoken of his delight at extending his contract with the Reds for a further year.

Sir Alex Ferguson revealed last month that a new deal had been agreed with the Dutch stopper until the end of the 2008/09 campaign.

And 37-year-old van der Sar, who joined United in June 2005, says he couldn't be happier with life at Old Trafford.

"I'm delighted to have agreed a new deal," he told MUTV.

"As we did last year, we said we'd evaluate things in December and both parties were very happy with things so there was no reason for me to quit.

"I'm still feeling very good [in terms of fitness] and with the way the team plays and everything about the club it's a delight to be here."

Sir Alex was equally pleased to have secured van der Sar's services for a further year.

The Reds boss added: "Edwin's consistency and experience have been a great help to this club and I'm delighted he's staying on."

07/01/2008 10:25, Report by Ben Hibbs

Reds duo extend loans

United youngsters Darron Gibson and Frazier Campbell have extended their loan deals in the Championship.

Republic of Ireland international Gibson will stay at Wolverhampton Wanderers until the end of the season.

The 20-year-old midfielder has excelled at Molineux, making 13 appearances for Mick McCarthy's side this season.

Campbell, too, has impressed in his loan spell with Hull City.

The 20-year-old striker has helped the Tigers rise to ninth in the Championship with six goals in 13 starts at The KC Stadium.
返回列表