返回列表 回復 發帖
My friend had one. He planned to swap in a RB26 in it.
oh crap... i just realized that this is about 240z, not 240sx..... my bad..... and the title said DATSUN...... what an idiot i am...

anyway, my friend was doing a RB swap to his S14...

I don't know anyone who is doing a RB swap into a 240z, but i know a few people who do RB swap into their 240sx/Silvia. Not too familiar with the Z, but i think the Silvia RB swap has more aftermarket support than the 240Z. I know there is a guy in my local area doing a LS1 swap to this 240z, but i don't really know him...

sorry about not reading this whole thing carefully.... good luck on your project.

by the way, you have picture of your car? 240z is my favorite Japanese classic car.
Looks real clean, what mod does the car has or just pretty much stock? By the way, let me know when you start the RB swap. It would be nice if you post the progress on here :) Thanks for the picture :)

Not try to go off topic... but in the picture the s14 on the left was the one my friend want to do the RB swap on. He turbo his KA i forgot how long ago, but now he got his hand on a RB and going to do the swap pretty soon.

[ 本帖最後由 zaqxsw76063 於 2008-8-1 12:03 PM 編輯 ]
I live in Dallas, Texas, where the stock Mustang think they are the fastest on the road and got whip by turbo Hondas. If i remember right my friend got his s14 and s13 for under $2000 each. I currently don't have a project car... only driving a stock corolla for now because i don't have money for the money pit for now...
The s14 wasn't mine but... craiglist is your friend :)

the $2000 s14 was cheap because the bumper has damage, but one of my other friend's brother work at a body shop so he can repair it for very cheap price

I never like the mustang. I know the cobras are fast in a straight line... but not my type of car.

getting off topic i guess... let's talk more about datsun... so do you know other people have 240Z in Cali? I saw a guy's 240z and it was blue and real clean. Too bad i was driving and can't take a picture.
We are going to a shop for the swap. My friends and I have to go to school and/or work so we don't really have time to do it.

As for the V8 swap, those are for drag racing anyway... they don't care about handling. I don't dig it unless it is turbo V8 making a lot of horsepower and i would be impress. If not, i am not interested. Besides, LS engines are pretty cheap for the horsepower and drag racing people put the LS engines in everything. The one i really hate is they put a V8 in a FD. The car build to handle with a lightweight, low center of gravity engine and they have to ruin it by putting an America V8 in it. Sure it would be more reliable, but it would lost the original purpose of the car...

I just not a fan of Japanese car w/ a American engine or American car w/ a Japanese engine. It is just wrong... The stupid mustang in Fast and the Furious is what i really hate. why put a damn RB in an American car??? oh well, that movie was stupid anyway. I can't believed they put out a spark plug from the engine and said that's what make the car spin...

Datsun don't get too much love here in Texas... but there is some lovers out there. Always nice to see some Domestic driving e-thug call out a race and end up getting beat... some domestic guys are cool... but a lot of them are douche bag.
返回列表