Board logo

標題: Injured Fabregas ruled out for 3-4 months [打印本頁]

作者: chuu    時間: 2008-12-23 09:50 PM     標題: Injured Fabregas ruled out for 3-4 months

Arsenal have suffered a bitter blow to their hopes of success this season with the news that Cesc Fabregas will miss up to four months with the knee injury he sustained against Liverpool on Sunday.

Manager Arsene Wenger confirmed the news during a press conference on Tuesday and chose not to blame the tackle by Liverpool midfielder and fellow Spaniard Xabi Alonso on the recently appointed captain that caused the injury.

Fabregas left the stadium on crutches after limping out at half-time at the Emirates.

Alonso, who alongside played Fabregas as Spain won Euro 2008, told Marca: "It was just another incident of the game and, of course, there was no malicious intent."

"I'm hoping for a rapid recovery for Cesc. Now comes the most tedious bit, the recuperation, but I will be there encouraging him.

"If anything, I'm even more upset than Fabregas is. It always affects me to see a companion injured, but especially if it is a friend and a national team-mate like Cesc.

"I already went to see him after the game, and from what he told me we both expected it was something serious. But today (Monday) I spoke with him again and, bearing in mind the situation, he was in quite good spirits."

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has wished Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas a speedy recovery from a possible ligament injury caused by a crunching tackle between the Spain team-mates.

Fabregas picked up the knee problem during Sunday's 1-1 draw at the Emirates Stadium following a 50-50 tackle that resulted in the 21-year-old limping-off at half-time in the Premier League clash.

Although Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who was sent-off in the match, claimed Alonso's challenge was "a little bit dangerous" both men connected with the ball and there was no foul; Fabregas simply came off the worst.

Fabregas left the stadium on crutches and Arsenal fear that their captain might be out of action for at least a month with damage to his medial knee ligament and are awaiting test results.

Alonso, who alongside played Fabregas as Spain won Euro 2008, told Marca: "It was just another incident of the game and, of course, there was no malicious intent."

"I'm hoping for a rapid recovery for Cesc. Now comes the most tedious bit, the recuperation, but I will be there encouraging him.

"If anything, I'm even more upset than Fabregas is. It always affects me to see a companion injured, but especially if it is a friend and a national team-mate like Cesc.

"I already went to see him after the game, and from what he told me we both expected it was something serious. But today (Monday) I spoke with him again and, bearing in mind the situation, he was in quite good spirits."

After the match manager Arsene Wenger speculated that Fabregas' absence might be for "one week or three weeks", but that now looks optimistic.
作者: mousekeng    時間: 2008-12-24 09:24 AM

OMG!!
3 to 4 months!! so long!!
really sad!!
why arsenal always got important players injured long time?!!
we will miss fabregas!!

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0