Board logo

標題: Simpson revels in Arsenal victory [打印本頁]

作者: ronnie23    時間: 2008-11-15 12:19 AM     標題: Simpson revels in Arsenal victory

Arsenal striker Jay Simpson said he was delightedto net twice during his first senior start but keeping them in theCarling Cup was more important to him.
A young Gunners side clinched a 3-0 win against Wigan in the fourth round of the competition on Tuesday.
Simpson, 19, told BBC London 94.9: "It's not bad at all. I'm delighted with that.
"But it was more important to get the result to go through to the next round, which I'm happy about."
The youngster added: "The crowd gave me that extrabuzz. It was just exciting to be out there. I was happy to get mychance and I think everyone was happy to be out on the pitch."
London-born Simpson has been at Arsenal since he was nine andalready has a place in the club's history books as the first player toscore a competitive hat-trick at the Emirates Stadium.
He achieved this during the FA Youth Cup tie against Cardiff City in February 2007.
"That was a lot different than it was on Tuesday night. There's a bit more pressure tonight.

"Wigan are a decent side and we're all young and a lot of us arelacking in experience but it shows that we are a good side. Themanager's done a good job with us.
"He said he would stick with us all the way so everyone'sreally happy about that and it shows he has belief in us and that comesout on the pitch. We're getting our chance in the Carling Cup and wejust have to repay the faith the manager shows in us and show him whatwe can do."
The win means the youngsters are now through to the last eightand Simpson is targeting another win against a top Premier League club.
"I'm hoping for another big side, another Premier League side,that's what it's about," he added. "I'd love to play Liverpool atAnfield.
"The bigger the side the better. It's great experience. It would be a good test for us."
Simpson spent last season on loan at Millwall, during which time he made 41 league appearances, and scored six goals.
His spell at the League One outfit also earned him the division's Player of the Year.
He returned to the Gunners at the end of last season, and beganthis campaign by grabbing the equalising goal in the pre-season fixtureat Barnet.
作者: wondermilk    時間: 2008-12-10 03:56 PM

good to see it
作者: dotaboyy    時間: 2008-12-11 03:31 PM

Hope to see more of his performance

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0