Board logo

標題: KEANE: I CAN'T WAIT TO START SCORING [打印本頁]

作者: cchl8    時間: 2008-9-20 02:20 PM     標題: KEANE: I CAN'T WAIT TO START SCORING

[tr][td=2,1,487]KEANE: I CAN'T WAIT TO START SCORING

[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,130] [/td][td=1,1,357]Robbie Keane today revealed how he hopes to open his account for the Reds sooner rather than later. [/td][/tr][tr][td=2,1,487]Click here to watch the interview in full>>
The Irish marksman is yet to find the net for the Reds since making a high-profile move from Tottenham Hotspur in August, but Keane admitted there is a lot more to come from him and is confident the goals will soon start to flow.

"Obviously I haven't scored yet and that's something that I want to do, but it's not something I am too worried about," Keane told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I think if I was a young lad and a bit naive, then I'd probably be really worried about it, but as long as the team is winning and I keep working hard, then that is all I can do.

"I know I will get my reward for all the hard work I've put in. I think my first goal is just around the corner. Hopefully when that does come, many more will follow."

Keane also took time to settle in at White Hart Lane during the 2002/03 season when Glenn Hoddle bought him from Leeds United for a £7m fee.

He didn't get his first goal in a Tottenham shirt until halfway through October against Blackburn Rovers, but after that he went on to score 80 goals for the club.

But despite only being at the club for just over a month, Keane paid tribute to the Anfield crowd and confessed that he has felt so comfortable since joining that it has felt like much longer.

"The crowd have been brilliant to me since I came here," adds Keane. "It's been everything I expected what with being a Liverpool fan already.

"They're always the twelfth man behind the ball and were roaring us on against United last week. They've really been great to me, and I can feel everyone pushing me on to get my first goal and hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.

"I've been feeling more comfortable around the players with every game I've played. It's only been a month or so, but it feels like it's been ages because of how welcome everyone has made me feel."

And with Stoke City the visitors to Anfield tomorrow, Keane knows everyone has to be focused on getting another three points against the Premier League new boys.

"I watched them last weekend against Everton and thought they were unlucky not to get something out of the game," says Keane.

"They are a threat from long throws with Rory Delap. That is certainly something everyone has to be wary of, because the two goals they scored last week came from that.

"It's up to us as players to focus on every game and try to do a job not just in the big games, but also in the so-called smaller games like this one. If we want to achieve things this season then we have to be up for every game."

"I'm sure we'll be on our toes for this one." [/td][/tr]

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0