Board logo

標題: Nasri hopes to emulate Pires for club and country [打印本頁]

作者: chuu    時間: 2008-9-3 11:29 PM     標題: Nasri hopes to emulate Pires for club and country

CLAIREFONTAINE, France, Sept 2 (Reuters) - Samir Nasri said he hopesto emulate fellow midfielder Robert Pires by having a successful clubcareer at Arsenal that would also secure his international place withFrance.

Nasri, 21, who joined the Londoners from Olympique Marseillein July and marked his Premier League debut with a winneragainst West Bromwich Albion last month, is one of a newgeneration of players coming into France's team.Asked about his career in England, he told reporters:'You're playing with the cream of European football.'It will allow me to get up to international standard andplay a part in the French team.'Pires, who also played at Marseille before capturing fivemajor trophies with Arsenal, was a key figure for his country.He scored 14 goals in 79 matches, helping France win the1998 World Cup and Euro 2000 before falling out of favour withcoach Raymond Domenech.Speaking at France's training centre, where he is preparingfor the World Cup qualifier against Austria on Saturday, Nasrisaid Pires was both an inspiration and a difficult act to followat Arsenal.'They were expecting a successor to Robert Pires. It'sflattering but hard to live up to,' he said. 'I would like tohave the career he had at Arsenal.'Nasri said the club's strong French connection, built upunder coach Arsene Wenger, had helped him.'The integration has gone well. The team is very young andthere are a lot of French there so I don't feel out of place.'On the international front, Nasri won the first of his 12caps against Austria in March 2007, having a hand in their goalin a 1-0 friendly victory in Paris.It could be a good omen for the game in Vienna on Saturdaywhen France will look to turn the page on their dismalgroup-stage exit from Euro 2008.'Austria is a good memory, it was my first match but thecontext is different,' he said.'After the disappointment we had at the Euros we can't allowourselves to take any match too easily.'Sensing his chance, Nasri said the younger players now hadan opportunity to make their mark in Domenech's side.'With some players going I hope I can bring more thanbefore,' he said. 'It's up to us to show what we can do.'
作者: jgoh    時間: 2008-9-3 11:38 PM

i hope he will get success at ARSENAL oso...do ur best...
作者: oct1017    時間: 2008-9-3 11:59 PM

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0