Board logo

標題: Torres: “My wish is that both Liverpool and Atletico make the last 16” [打印本頁]

作者: puma8811    時間: 2008-8-30 05:57 PM     標題: Torres: “My wish is that both Liverpool and Atletico make the last 16”

Fernando Torres analyses the draw for the Champions League group stages in an exclusive interview with his official website   

The draw for the Champions League placed seeded Liverpool in Group D. The Reds will have to battle it out with Olympique Marseille, PSV Eindhoven and Atletico Madrid for a place in the next round of Europe’s top club competition.

Fernando Torres spoke exclusively to www.fernando9torres.com about the draw and the chance of returning to Madrid to face his boyhood club. “It’s a complicated group, very difficult and every game will be a final. Olympique Marseille made life hard for us last year, beating us at Anfield and leaving us no option but to win at their ground to guarantee our qualification from the group. PSV Eindhoven are a hard working side, and Atletico will be looking to impress on their return to European football. There can be no question though, my wish is that both Liverpool and Atletico make the last sixteen.”

Fernando is looking forward to running out once again onto the Vicente Calderon pitch, a stadium that brings back plenty of fond memories for the Spaniard. “It will be a very special occasion for me and I am sure that I am going to enjoy the experience. I hope that the fans give me a warm welcome, because Atletico gave me many things, but I also gave a lot to Atletico; though I will understand that as soon as the ball starts to roll, the fans will see me as a rival… but I will never be able to forget all the years I spent at the club. It’s going to be an amazing feeling when I step out onto the Vicente Calderon pitch again and come face to face with old team-mates and friends.”

Liverpool kick-off their Champions League campaign at the Velodrome Stadium against Olympique Marseille. The French witnessed first-hand last season just how lethal Torres is in front of goal after the Spaniard scored Liverpool’s supporters’ goal of the season against them. “I especially remember the goal scored at the Velodrome because it put us on the road to victory. To start there this season gives me positive vibes.”

The striker also had words for Liverpool’s Champions League third round qualifier opponents Standard Liege. “It was a very tough match. They were looking for the goalless draw and it we found it harder than usual to find a breakthrough. They proved themselves to be a great team throughout the 210 minutes of our tie.”

有情有義
我都唔希望你要自己摧毀自己十幾年夢想

如果王子入左佢地波而有慶祝, 我咩都得
作者: cchl8    時間: 2008-8-31 02:38 AM

go on liverpool
作者: steve86    時間: 2008-9-1 11:07 PM

好一个有情有义的王子。。。

不愧我这么崇拜你!!

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0