Board logo

標題: Leaving of Liverpool not on Benitez's mind [打印本頁]

作者: cchl8    時間: 2008-8-17 02:33 AM     標題: Leaving of Liverpool not on Benitez's mind

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has reaffirmed his commitment to the Reds after speculation in the press claimed he was considering quitting the club.

The reports alleged the Spaniard decided to resign after being told by co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett that they would not provide the money required to sign Gareth Barry from Aston Villa.

The 28-year-old midfielder was thought to be close to a £18million move to Anfield only for the club's American owners to pull the plug on the deal.

Chief executive Rick Parry released a statement which stated the club considered the asking price for Barry being 'too high' and the issue has overshadowed preparations for their opening Barclays Premier League clash against Sunderland.

But despite the Barry situation, and his frosty relationship with Parry, the Spaniard reiterated his commitment to remain with the Reds.

'I am not thinking of leaving,' he said.

'My commitment with the club, the fans and the players is so big that just because I can be disappointed about different things I won't stop trying my best to achieve all of the targets that we have established as a team.

'My family and myself are very thankful to the club, the fans and the city and we will never give up fighting to get the best for Liverpool.'

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0