Board logo

標題: Carvalho: Scolari a good choice [打印本頁]

作者: nikotina    時間: 2008-5-31 06:49 AM     標題: Carvalho: Scolari a good choice

Ricardo Carvalho believes his Portugal national team manager Luiz Felipe Scolari would be the right man to manage Chelsea.
The Blues defender, speaking at a press conference ahead of his team’s European Championship warm-up against Georgia on Saturday, revealed his backing for Scolari, claiming it would be ‘a real plus’ for Chelsea were they able to convince the Brazilian to move to West London.
"At the moment we don't have a coach and it's normal that Chelsea are interested in Scolari, especially after the good work he's done with Portugal," Carvalho told Portuguese newspaper Record.
"I'd be happy because I've worked with him for a long time and I think it would be a real plus for Chelsea."
Scolari is believed to be the first choice of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to succeed the sacked Avram Grant, but it remains unclear whether the headstrong coach, who rejected the overtures of England two years ago, would not do likewise with the top job at Stamford Bridge.
Earlier on Friday, the vice chairman of the Portuguese Football Association Amandio de Carvalho denied having any contact with Chelsea regarding the position of Scolari whose future with Portgual after Euro 2008 has yet to be decided.

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0