Board logo

標題: Grant pinpoints Chelsea's problem [打印本頁]

作者: nikotina    時間: 2008-5-30 06:50 PM     標題: Grant pinpoints Chelsea's problem

Avram Grant has levelled a thinly veiled criticism against Roman Abramovich, insisting Chelsea will never become the global force they aim to be while their Russian owner continues to engage in in-fighting with the club’s managers.
Grant fell foul of Abramovich’s iron fist on Saturday when he was shown the Stamford Bridge door just three days after The Blues came within a John Terry slip of winning the Champions League.
The inevitable tittle-tattle on who will succeed Grant continues in earnest, but the Israeli believes there is an inherent problem that will always leave the club chasing its tail.
“The club is overshadowed with constant wars as part of its strategy,” he told The Sun. “The coach fights with owners through the papers, fights with other clubs and other managers.
“It is an atmosphere which has not contributed to the club’s image. So we had decided on a different path to transform Chelsea to the most attractive and supported club in the world in the next two, three years.”
Grant went on to identify the other objectives he set himself upon succeeding Jose Mourinho, whilst doing his utmost to banish suggestions he was too feeble to earn the respect of his squad, citing his reaction to Didier Drogba and Michael Ballack’s row against Manchester United in April as the perfect evidence.
“In the team meeting after the game, I gave Drogba a rollocking he will never forget,” he added. “The players all know I am the boss.
“When I took over, we set ourselves targets which seemed crazy at the time. One: reaching the Champions League final. Two: improving the quality of our game and changing our image.
"We are living in the era of TV and internet. Chelsea want to be everywhere and therefore must change the quality of play.”

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0