Board logo

標題: Team-mate backs Terry to recover [打印本頁]

作者: nikotina    時間: 2008-5-26 09:42 PM     標題: Team-mate backs Terry to recover

Owen Hargreaves believes John Terry will emerge from his penalty trauma stronger than ever and believes that the Chelsea defender is over the worst of his despair.
Hargreaves experienced the joy of winning the Champions League last week but it was another story entirely for Terry who missed the chance to crown Chelsea champions of Europe when missing a crucial penalty.
The defender has since issued an apology to Chelsea fans following his slip on the damp Moscow turf and it will no doubt be a long time before he can look back on the dramatic night in Moscow with anything other than painful regret.
Hargreaves feels Terry will respond to adversity by coming back a stronger personality though, starting with Wednesday’s friendly between England and the United States.
“Obviously I think the initial disappointment is difficult to deal with and I think at that moment you want to be on your own really, and I think he has got over that point,” said Hargreaves on Setanta Sports News.
“I think he will learn a lot from that moment and I think he will come on even stronger.
“I don’t think there is any doubt that John is a fabulous leader and just because you miss a penalty doesn’t change anything about you as a footballer or a person and I think he will look forward to next season already.”
There have been suggestions that Fabio Capello will name Terry captain for Wednesday’s game at Wembley to give the defender a confidence boost, as he has been forced to watch Steven Gerrard and Rio Ferdinand skipper their country in recent games as the new manager continues his armband rotation policy.
Hargreaves believes that his club mate Ferdinand would make an excellent permanent choice though.
“There are a lot of individuals who could be captain,” Hargreaves added. “Rio, in my opinion, has probably been the most consistent player in England this season.
“He had a tremendous season and I just thought he epitomised everything we did.
“I think he would be a fabulous captain, obviously, but there are other options obviously with Frank Lampard, Stevie G, John Terry, David Beckham – there are so many options and that is a decision that the manager will make.”
Both Chelsea and Manchester United players have been training together in preparation for England’s friendly match and if there is any lingering resentment from the events of Moscow, then Hargreaves has not picked up on it.
“I don’t think there are any ill feelings towards each other, everyone is friends.
“We have known each other for such a long time now and spent so much time together away at major tournaments and I just think there is a lot of mutual respect for each other.
“It is a difficult moment [for Chelsea] and it is something that I’m sure is not so easy to forget, but like I  said we are professionals and it is something you have to deal with.
“Sometimes you lose and sometimes you win and they have done a fabulous job this week of not letting anything get to them and I admire that about them.”
作者: billow    時間: 2008-5-26 10:04 PM

泰利早点回复吧,不要有阴影啊

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0