Board logo

標題: [時事討論] 【馬斐森致函學校成員】引權威排名指港大顯著升 強調堅守學術自由:Don't let anyone suggest otherwise ! [打印本頁]

作者: felicity2010    時間: 2015-10-4 05:44 AM     標題: 【馬斐森致函學校成員】引權威排名指港大顯著升 強調堅守學術自由:Don't let anyone suggest otherwise !

【馬斐森致函學校成員】引權威排名指港大顯著升 強調堅守學術自由:Don't let anyone suggest otherwise !; ^3 E5 a6 f5 {
2 W  `/ D2 S: }( s8 h

1 D! h, O; G! i8 i$ n/ O5.39.217.76# l, P! q& N1 J2 c& I$ a" p
編按:港大校長馬斐森,昨晚致函包括舊生內的學校全體成員,指出根據更客觀、排名方法更穩定的大學排行榜,港大研究被引用數的排名顯著上升。他又強調港大繼續確保學術自由,鼓勵學者研究自己喜歡的題目,不管這些題目有多爭議性,而港大只會以國際認可的標準衡量學術表現。信件全文如下:
9 Z2 k4 C0 R0 L$ J' vTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
7 N; D: u& k& d' B5.39.217.76公仔箱論壇0 n$ g3 w9 [: @, ]% _
Message from the President on behalf of the Senior Management Teamtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb/ l% J) j+ J* ?0 W, G

2 B7 V" A" g8 {5.39.217.76To all members of the University
- f3 g0 W7 x$ j9 Ztvb now,tvbnow,bttvbTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。$ m3 y$ W2 V' G% ~
Hot on the heels of the wonderful news about this year's admissions results, showing for example that as well as all 12 perfect scorers in the HKDSE choosing to come to HKU, 82% of the 689 top scorers that wish to study Medicine chose HKU and an extraordinary 98% of those wanting to study Law chose HKU, I have some more great news. The University of Hong Kong has an incredible nine (9) of the world's top cited scientific researchers. It is noteworthy that no other Hong Kong institution has more than 3, but in line with my oft-repeated assertion that we should aspire to global greatness and not just local dominance, it is worth noting that our increase from 5 of the most highly cited scientific researchers last year to 9 this year equates to an "indicative" world ranking of 58th compared to 110th in 2014. The advantages of this particular ranking are that the methodology is objective and the assessment period is 11 years, so that these data can be considered more robust than the standard league tables which depend upon subjective assessments and annual data gathering with frequent methodological changes. For further details, see http://highlycited.com.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb! A# y( h# H6 u! K
0 V" J+ M  l$ F8 Z
My very sincere congratulations to Kwok-hung Chan, Guan Yi, James Lam, Malik Peiris, Leo Poon, Nagendra Shah, Min Sun, Yuen Kwok Yung and Guochun Zhao: we are very proud of them! Congratulations also to all the colleagues in their teams that have contributed to the success.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb' o  e+ U+ `. U) e' Y  ?
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。" s: Y! H; d$ p6 k
This message also gives me a timely opportunity to reassure all academic staff of the University, if reassurance is needed, that The University of Hong Kong continues to be a place where academic freedom is cherished and protected, where academic staff are encouraged to pursue whatever subjects their interests dictate, irrespective of how controversial they may be, and that all assessments of credentials and performance will be based on academic merit according to internationally recognised standards. Despite recent controversies, the University is striding forward and I am very optimistic that the future is bright.公仔箱論壇; p1 t) f% I, E( j
公仔箱論壇! \) k( d$ ^- m, K$ Z, K7 q7 I
The data referred to above show that HKU is currently sought after by the brightest students and populated by some of the world's most prominent scientists. My recent experience shows me that HKU is seen as an attractive place to work and study, a partner of choice for some of the world's top universities and a university that has the potential to be one of the world's best. Don't let anyone suggest otherwise!
0 u& Y. ~# K: x# }/ f5 KTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。$ i3 h- p! H, v" r9 E( U& N: ?1 z
With best personal regards,
: ^; K2 w& b/ S; s- eTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。/ p/ c) A! i  X3 t$ }
Professor Peter Mathieson  _; w) B8 N$ {7 h# r
President and Vice-Chancellor
作者: felicity2010    時間: 2015-10-4 05:51 AM

盧寵茂聲明:誠信是人格的基石
+ q! c* R7 m, J8 R公仔箱論壇
+ E% l; M! }& d5 D+ ?tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb! Y; T8 R: F3 g+ Z
【文:盧寵茂】
# J, s7 F, r2 L0 Y0 T7 k# STVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb0 d- _% Q+ }7 S% _
編按:港大校委會否決陳文敏出任港大副校長的任命,校委成員港大學生會會長馮敬恩爆出會上委員否決的理由,指校委盧寵茂不滿陳文敏未有在他早前校委會會議跌倒受傷後慰問。爆料事件引發熱議,盧寵茂先批評有學生委員違反保密協議、遺憾有人借題發揮。盧寵茂後來列出四點回應,全文如下:
, k. {8 ~1 p. g# x
1. 誠信是人格的基石,以不誠實手段以達到目的,絕不應被縱容,希望同學能反醒(編按:省)。
5 H4 A$ c. W* e# k9 C" STVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。2. 我身為港大畢業生,一直在港大任教至今,從五月起接受學術教職員選舉加入校委會,對此任命,只有責任感,絕無權力感。過去幾次校委會議亦感受到其他絕大部分委員的專業及對港大的熱誠,對所有議題,均理性討論,客觀分析,一切以港大長遠利益為依歸。TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。) O/ f6 q# K$ w; Z/ D; J: ?
3. 作為大學學者,對於,不記名學術或職效評審,理應習以為常,如學術期刋發表研究文章,申請研究課題資助,提名學術獎項,以至職位掉升,皆以此為金標準,以對事不對人的態度,達至客觀而真誠評審。若破壞此制度,只會令一切變得虛偽,成為人情與權力的橡皮圖章。, z( n- _5 E3 s3 \
4. 期望香港能多一點溝通、理解、團結,少一點鬥爭、攻擊、分裂。
% \# m' H; i1 Y$ Q/ u- qTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb, n6 ]' x6 p5 d3 B: t

1 I- G& n6 q' ^" Q5.39.217.76
4 m: i% |/ j; J4 l8 ^回應嶺南舊生批評 港大校委陳坤耀:基於良心和專業判斷投票 不受政治影響' b& |/ B5 k, d3 Y7 s! K

7 U7 v. d2 D" j. V
7 m+ z! b2 H6 `公仔箱論壇tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb7 `8 w! m% I+ w6 C8 R6 m' Y
香港大學校務委員、前嶺南大學校長陳坤耀,被指有份質疑陳文敏沒有博士學位,無資格擔任副校長一職,外界揣測陳坤耀在周二(9月29日)的校委會會議上,有份投票反對任命陳文敏。有嶺南舊生在陳坤耀的facebook個人帳戶留言質問,並表示失望,獲得回應。陳坤耀回覆指不能披露自己的投票決定,但可以向同學保證,他是在考慮客觀事實後,基於自己的良心及專業和學術判斷而作出投票決定,沒有受任何外力或政治影響。
* \: a& A2 l4 I- R港大學生會會長馮敬恩日前在個人聲明中披露陳坤耀在校委會議上的發言:
0 |" ?4 }/ P0 x: _7 K% ]9 U
「陳坤耀又引述自己的資料搜集,指陳文敏鮮有在學術期刊發表文章,或成為學術文章的主要作者,又質疑其資歷不及其他副校長,又指陳文敏本人連博士學位亦沒有,怎會有資格處理有博士學位人士的應徵。」  n4 O1 g/ E, V, Q  I: W4 z7 N
(馮敬恩聲明節錄). }6 |& l9 F2 J! g" I8 m
陳坤耀其後向傳媒否認有說過這番意思的說話,但沒有交代詳情。他今天在回應舊生的回應中,指自己的發言是完全有關副校長招聘廣告上提及的基本要求,沒有涉及其他事情。$ r; t1 W2 c0 i& u* f  O' i
陳坤耀回應全文:
8 _& p  [" X( c' @# u3 vtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
Dear Lingnan students, I understand your frustrations and your concern about my role in the recent HKU Council decision. As students of liberal arts education, I am sure you can be more reasoned, rational, tolerant and considerate than others. I think you should not ask me which side I voted for, which is not the crust of the matter. What is most important is the basis on which I cast my vote. If someone voted against your wish, it is not always true that he/she is wrong or be condemned. We should be able to agree to disagree. What I can solemnly assure all of you is that (1) my decision was under no outside/political influences; it was a decision on the basis of my conscience, my own academic and professional judgement with the due consideration of objective facts, and (2) what I said at the meeting was totally related to the primary prerequisite for the post as stated in the advertisement for the post, and nothing else. Discussion at the meeting had to be kept confidential for free deliberation and in the case of human resources because of the privacy of the candidate. Best wishes to you all. You are all still very wonderful!!5.39.217.76  G- ~) p/ g7 O4 D9 h
獲陳坤耀回應的嶺南舊生原貼內容:
8 V' m+ J8 A1 I+ ^4 v
明白你有公職在身,以往你在嶺南同學心目中得光環,在港大校委會中消失了。 雞蛋與高牆,我選擇的雞蛋的一邊,你呢?2 F' ~3 t, {% K
相比袁醫生,你沒有在關鍵時刻表明你對是非的看法,我失望。7 h4 A: p4 \, A3 ~5 T
希望你明白689先生也沒有什麼博士名涵,而根據報導國際有名的學院,副校長也不一定需要博士, 最諷刺的是,689身為8大院校的校監也沒有博士資格,所以如果需要公平得話,中國共產黨的領導人需要博士? 香港行政長官需要?5.39.217.767 ]; L& f. g* w. f' C# w
公仔箱論壇5 I' N( E. Y" c: N; }
生活安好 能睡能吃 做人如明月常真
( ^% I, ]3 ~0 [' s/ n嶺南舊生tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb. H0 E8 h2 M+ A+ }9 o
P.S. 拋磚引玉,希望其他學長學弟也能出文發表意見,感謝! F3 n5 u8 @" z; x2 j% A

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0