Board logo

標題: THE VIEW FROM VILLA PARK [打印本頁]

作者: Raishin    時間: 2008-1-19 03:08 PM     標題: THE VIEW FROM VILLA PARK

How confident are you of turning round your awful Anfield record this time?

I've been a Villa fan for 20 years and in that time I've learned two things: don't relieve yourself on Aston Park after nightfall, however desperate you are; and don't expect anything whatsoever from matches against Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United. We seem to have an anti-taurus syndrome: as soon as we see red, we cower. You might have seen it against United in the FA Cup the other week; a timid, tepid show where we simply waited to get beaten. Compare that to our performances against Chelsea this season, claiming four points which would have been six had Michael Ballack not done his Nureyev to get a player sent off, win a penalty and a free-kick (both of which resulted in goals).

Is this the best Villa side to come to Anfield for a long time?

We had a pretty good 'team' in 1998-99 too, and until you lot beat us 4-2 at home we were in scintillating form. We had talented players like Bosnich, Southgate, Taylor, Yorke and a gauche Barry, although admittedly we also had Ricardo Scimeca. It's the best team for a long time but like then we are pretty reliant on a few talented individuals. It's just that we have a few more talented individuals now than we had two years ago.

Are you genuine Champions League contenders?

Absolutely not. We're level with you because you've had a bad spell. If Villa are ready for the Champions League then Everton's fifth best striker James McFadden is worth more than £5m…

Is it all about stopping Young and Agbonlahor from our point of view?

Was the question a Freudian Slip? They are certainly the only players that can really beat a man, but it is Gareth Barry that makes the team tick and Martin Laursen is a man possessed this campaign, seemingly determined to fit three seasons into one after all his injury problems. He's scored six this term already - as many as he mustered in 12 previous years as a professional. We're delighted to have kept him but I can't really understand why a club like yourself didn't come in for him as he was out of contract in June.

Gerrard and Torres are always a threat, but are there any other Liverpool players you'll be worried about?

To be honest, nobody stands out. I was at the European U21 Championship in the summer so saw a lot of Babel, a good, strong forward. A bit like Liverpool though: almost there but not quite, yet.

What are your weaknesses?

Right-back - we don't have one. Mellberg has played there this season but is a lumbering, want-away centre-back while the alternative, Craig Gardner, is a midfielder. We also lack a bit of penetration. Petrov can supply it but at times he is a bit like that giant palm tree that's been in the news recently. Once in a blue moon he blooms, provides something special, before disappearing back up his own a**e. He's improved of late, though, in fairness to him.
作者: canz85    時間: 2008-1-19 09:45 PM

我们一定会进我们的全力去取下你们的、~~
你们应该还记得GERRARD的那一粒FREE KICK 吧~~

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0