Board logo

標題: BENITEZ: LET'S START 2008 WITH A WIN [打印本頁]

作者: canz85    時間: 2008-1-3 12:09 AM     標題: BENITEZ: LET'S START 2008 WITH A WIN

Rafael Benitez wants Liverpool to signal their intent for the new year by beating Wigan on Wednesday night and keeping up their fight for the Premier League title.

The Reds are currently 13 points behind league leaders Arsenal but Benitez's side have two games in hand.

While the manager was frustrated with the draw at Manchester City on Sunday he was happy with the overall performance from his team.

"If you look at the City game then it is clear that we were the better side," said Benitez.

"After the first 15 minutes we controlled the game, played really well and created lots of opportunities and I'm sure that if we play like that again tonight then we will win.

"It is important that we do win also because if we are to stay near to the top of the table then we must win these games."

The Reds boss is boosted by the return from suspension of Peter Crouch and the manager hinted he could have a part to play.

"It is good to have Peter back because we have just played three games in a short period of time so it is positive to be able to choose another player," said Benitez.

"I think that players know when they have made a mistake and when they come back they want to do well and I'm sure Peter will work hard for the team if he is picked."

Benitez will also make a late check on the fitness of centre halves Sami Hyypia and Daniel Agger, to see if they will be available to make a comeback against the Latics. If they fail to make it then the manager said he will have no hesitation in playing Alavaro Arbeloa alongside Jamie Carragher at the back after his display at Manchester City.

"Arbeloa was a little bit nervous in the first few minutes but after that he settled down and played really well along with Carra," added the boss.

"It can be difficult when you play in an unfamiliar position but I have confidence in Arbeloa and if he is needed at centre-back again I am sure he will do well."

作者: canz85    時間: 2008-1-3 12:57 AM

哈哈~~~好呀~~希望能不败到季尾吧~~~
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE~~~
希望AGGER 能快快复出吧~~~!!!

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0