Board logo

標題: YOSSI HOPING LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE [打印本頁]

作者: canz85    時間: 2008-1-3 12:06 AM     標題: YOSSI HOPING LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE

Yossi Benayoun said he would love to score against Wigan again and start 2008 off in fine style for Liverpool when the Latics visit Anfield on Wednesday night.

It was back in September that the Israeli ace registered his first league goal for the Reds when he came off the bench to telling effect.

The Reds won a tight encounter 1-0 at the JJB Stadium and for the Reds number 11 it was a sweet moment.

"I have good memories of playing Wigan because of the goal I scored against them a few months ago, said Benayoun.

"The fact that it was the only goal of the game meant it was a really important one for us and it was also my first goal for Liverpool in the Premier League so I have special memories of that game.

"If the same thing happened this time I would be very happy because it would mean Liverpool win but it is not about what happened in the past, it is only about what happens in the future.

"It will be tough. Wigan are in the bottom three but they are fighting to survive and that always makes things difficult for the teams who play them. But we are at home at Anfield and we have to win.

"It is a shame that we didn't win against Manchester City because we played really well and in the second half especially we were doing all the attacking, but the goal wouldn't come.

"But now the important thing is to put that game out of our minds and to prepare properly for the game against Wigan because there is no point thinking about what might have been.

"There is nothing we can do about the City game now so we have to keep our focus on Wigan and do our best to get a win against them."

The Israeli has scored six times for the Reds so far in his debut campaign at the club. He admits he is thoroughly enjoying his time at Anfield and is hopeful the season can end with success.

"Im really enjoying it here," he added. "Every time I pull on a red shirt and play in the team I enjoy it and I try to do my best every time I am on the pitch."

"Sometimes I try things and sometimes they don't work, but I always try to do my best for the team. It is easier for me because I am surrounded by so many good players.

"When you train with these guys and when you play with them it is easier for you and I am enjoying every moment."

作者: canz85    時間: 2008-1-3 12:47 AM

BENNAYOUN 你是我们很重要的棋子~~~希望你能在利物浦低潮期~~~贡献些进球吧~~

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0