Board logo

標題: [美洲] 超級火山正待爆發 [打印本頁]

作者: vandas    時間: 2012-6-1 01:50 AM     標題: 超級火山正待爆發

Supervolcanoes with power to 'destroy civilisation' explode far more rapidly than scientists had believed - and one could be bubbling under U.S. right now
( ^% ?3 M; V3 {" }: W) Q7 r; k: h5 f/ P) _3 x- [  l  t
A 'supervolcano' eruption is the most catastrophic natural disaster that can hit our planet, short of an asteroid impact - and now scientists believe they may build up a deadly head of steam far faster than we thought. TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。4 f+ `) a3 A6 }+ p3 K

8 l* z  K! j' g& ~) Y: J7 gtvb now,tvbnow,bttvbInstead of the process taking hundreds of thousands of years, it could take just hundreds.5.39.217.764 I0 n. d% h+ [* V) j# l$ ^

/ e, S- |5 \* ^- ?+ atvb now,tvbnow,bttvbThe news could be bad for the US, where a supervolcano is said to be simmering beneath Yellowstone National Park. If it erupted, two thirds of the country could be rendered uninhabitable.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。( N7 l  H) L8 {3 K
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb( V& z$ l9 M& A6 }3 e
- C; \! p+ X, W; ?' G
Eruption: Supervolcanoes with the power to destroy human civilisations may build up a deadly head of steam far faster than scientists believed公仔箱論壇9 v0 {& b1 v- d% r
Supervolcanoes are fuelled by giant pools of magma that form deep underground.1 k( J% z; d* H# G" U: u$ h  t

7 M& i, N& t# s1 SGeologists had thought it took between 100,000 to 200,000 years for a supervolcano magma pool to build up enough pressure to erupt.
8 ]- A; T( H/ j: l2 i

% @  P7 F# k* E$ Z# q5 P- A) dTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。But the new study suggests that the giant magma bodies may only exist for a few thousand years, or even a few hundred, before exploding.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb+ ]# t) A) A! J7 v$ H8 D
6 Q6 |" k$ M7 d/ c' ~" u
A magma reservoir six miles below Yellowstone has been rising at a record rate since 2004.
$ F/ [8 s3 r- R0 |  Ftvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb: P; l# E- Q- r/ s: [
The Wyoming park sits above a gigantic plume of hot and molten rock that begins at least 400 miles beneath Earth's surface and rises to 30 miles underground, where it widens to about 300 miles across.
1 k% V; e; i) G& M& GTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。# V# Y8 {. a& q; r1 ^7 [! E4 D
Blobs of magma occasionally break off from the top of the plume, and rise farther, resupplying the magma chamber beneath the Yellowstone Caldera.2 `% q  _4 r3 M" ^7 k

+ g$ P; \7 w" t* v0 B# h% Q. k, r5 s4 ~
Steaming Mud Volcano at Yellowstone National Park in winter. Researchers now believe that the supervolcano beneath the park could be more active than thought
6 s; K' q1 z& `( I/ m6 y1 r! }% B5.39.217.76公仔箱論壇: _5 c, X. a+ D

$ T$ r3 z# W) M+ i& |) o, w' s5.39.217.76The news could be bad for the US, where a supervolcano is said to be simmering beneath Yellowstone National Park. If it erupted, two thirds of the country could be rendered uninhabitable公仔箱論壇+ h/ F: X5 B" k2 m" q: ?* d; C, }

U' l; \# w+ [5 Q , R) Y# ^# Y1 F: O$ W& B4 i
Castle Geyser and sunrise Yellowstone National Park Wyoming: Researchers now believe that the huge 'supervolcano' beneath the park is far more active than previously thought
3 N2 J3 ~! O. Ktvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
- B0 l  j# p! w4 Otvb now,tvbnow,bttvbResembling the lid of a cooking pot, the caldera formed when the last super-eruption occurred 600,000 years ago.5.39.217.76& Q2 a0 n; }( W6 v
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb& o0 S! J0 L3 h
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb, P7 i3 }! E. t* c# S
The supervolcano has erupted a total of three times in the last 2.1 million years. Scientists believe it could be due to erupt again.
8 d/ N; [; l) v9 l9 ltvb now,tvbnow,bttvbtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb. d# U+ M% M" x, T
' R) p6 W$ J  j, |: S: o; y
A full scale eruption at Yellowstone would be 1,000 times more powerful than the volcanic blast that tore apart Mount St Helens in 1980.
. Z  q- e' `" R1 W' {9 O# h' p- W7 j
* [7 x5 {: ?1 B( ?, w/ R0 y
There is evidence that a similar super-eruption in Indonesia 74,000 years ago came close to wiping out the entire human species.
* @1 f! B' R* o公仔箱論壇5.39.217.76- O* P) B# @' y  S( C

; x* D. B/ t) |  i* cTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。The new study was based on analysis of a super-eruption that occurred in eastern California 760,000 years ago./ ^8 l9 I% C/ P. x% |; y$ C

M8 i( ~/ ~; \6 F# y* l  P5.39.217.76

2 c' t8 \& N% X4 I8 fTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。Several independent lines of evidence indicated that the magma pool erupted within a few thousand years, perhaps within a few hundred years, covering half the North American continent with smouldering ash.
- @( J% @- e. k! lTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb& z2 }" W8 B3 A" R
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb+ w- U5 J4 @2 T$ R* S, T& w1 T( a" P, \
The scientists based their estimate on quartz crystallisation rates. Previous studies have relied on the growth of zircon crystals, which is said to be a less accurate method.
/ Y' d. m& H! Y0 K1 C
4 U0 `0 J/ F. r* m) ~: e6 |) C

, \% o' l: O5 j7 I+ G* hTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。The research is published in the online journal Public Library of Science ONE.
- O0 a2 n. {/ k9 y3 o  P. D5.39.217.76) x& m& H* t2 w6 Z  g: s
/ g* }0 R, f; R
Lead scientist Dr Guilherme Gualda, from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, said: ‘Our study suggests that when these exceptionally large magma pools form they are ephemeral and cannot exist very long without erupting.
9 Q9 @4 ^; l5 K' j/ [  w公仔箱論壇公仔箱論壇2 M( e% G$ b1 {$ V( p( w7 z

9 X1 r& N! L. g9 M‘The fact that the process of magma body formation occurs in historical time, instead of geological time, completely changes the nature of the problem.’
" v/ G$ s" U% C/ gTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。0 R; y8 I# g6 y: _
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。3 r! w, S/ ?2 f% ]/ b* R! Z4 H4 z, n
He said regions such as Yellowstone should be monitored regularly to provide advance warning of a catastrophic super-eruption.
作者: cms    時間: 2012-6-1 08:11 PM

如果真的爆发了,是否就是世界末日?????

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.76/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0