返回列表 回復 發帖

Wenger: Arsenal can conquer

Arsene Wenger says Arsenal must show they have the potential to win the Champions League when they take on Porto at the Emirates Stadium.

The Gunners are out to bounce back from losing 2-1 at home to Hull City on Saturday, and manager Wenger believes his players can prove the result was a one-off.
"We had a disappointing result against Hull but I have been sitting on the bench long enough to know that if we'd played that match 100 times we'd lose it once," he said.
"I believe we will win tonight. We want to make sure we win and get the right belief into the game.
"Everybody says we should not have any chance of winning the Champions League but I believe we have enough quality to do it and that is what we want to show tonight."
Midfielder Samir Nasri returns to the squad having been out with a knee injury since August.
Alex Song (hip) joins Tomas Rosicky (hamstring), Abou Diaby (thigh), Amaury Bischoff (groin) and striker Eduardo (leg) in the treatment room.
Defender Kolo Toure said that unrealistic expectations might have proved Arsenal's undoing against Hull.
"I was scared to play the game," he said. "Sometimes people, not the players, play the game before it's started and that's a problem because there are no small teams in the Premiership.
"Against Man United everybody thinks it's going to be a tight game but when you play against Hull it's harder because you are expected to win and score in the first minute. But it doesn't happen like that.
"We didn't play very well against Fulham and then we came back well in the next game when we beat Twente in the Champions League [qualifiers].
"For a team like Arsenal it's always good to have a good reaction. Any team can fall down but it's about how they react to defeat that matters. Tomorrow is a really good test and we will see if we can show another face.
"The manager, like everyone at the club, was very upset after Hull. We're professional and we know that when we play for Arsenal we can't afford to lose like that."
返回列表