返回列表 回復 發帖

MASCH: I COULDN'T BELIEVE RED CARD

Javier Mascherano today admitted he's still baffled as to why he was sent off in Sunday's 3-0 defeat to Manchester United.

Goals from Wes Brown, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani saw the Reds slump to a first league loss since January, but it was the dismissal of Mascherano and the subsequent protest which stole the headlines.

Referee Steve Bennett produced a second yellow on the stroke of half-time after the Argentina international queried a decision.

Television replays appeared to show Mascherano asking Bennett "what's happening" before the official reached for his pocket citing dissent.

Liverpool were left to play the second-half with 10 men and subsequently conceded two further goals.

Mascherano said: "I do not know why I was sent off.

"I asked the referee what was happening. I did not swear, I was not aggressive and I did not confront him.

"All I did was ask him what was happening, nothing else.

"So when he showed me the second yellow card and sent me off I could not believe it.

"I am sorry to my teammates because that meant we went down to 10 men and that made things even more difficult for us."

Mascherano, who is now suspended for next weekend's Merseyside derby, flew to Egypt to join up with the Argentina national squad straight after the game.

今日外國唔少網站都有報導討論紅牌事件
返回列表