長的高高壯壯的,
只有四,
着又連乾兩,
好最後開出兩花,
失敗

附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件

評分次數

• chowold2

不論是花瓣或萼片跟常見的蝴蝶蘭也很不同,常見的比較圓;這個顏色也很鮮,感覺很特別.

市場上的都經過馴化, 所以原生種比較起來多變化、會較難捉摸? 未知對不對?
I have tried and failed growing this orchid so many time, so once when I was at the orchid show, I asked one of the exhibitor member what I have done wrong.  To my surprise, he said "nothing!".  The Sydney climate is just not conducive for growing this kind of orchid.  The one at the show are all grown in an controlled environment; a green house with temperature and humidity control, the orchids plants are surrounded by water mist curtain, with fans blowing onto them.  The grower can trigger the flowering at anytime by changing the condition.
So all the pretty flowering ones I bought, when it finishes flowering, they won't flower again.
So, the moral of the story: orchid plants may look beautiful at the shop, but when you take them home, they don't behave anymore.

評分次數

• chowold2

A little green earthling, living life as if there were no tomorrow.
我最近都有一盆跳舞蘭未開花先乾苞,我都唔敢講比人知,這可能是同溫度有關,夜晚室外溫度太凍,盆花放得太近窗凍襯。
真匿名
I have tried and failed growing this orchid so many time, so once when I was at the orchid show, I asked one of the exhibitor member what I have done wrong.  To my surprise, he said "nothing!".  The S ...
norman.ho 發表於 2014-2-27 08:52 AM
I don't agree with you. See how good is the 亞良's orchid, 亞良is at Australia too.
Try again and ask 亞良how to grow it.

真匿名
本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2014-2-27 06:08 PM 編輯
I don't agree with you. See how good is the 亞良's orchid, 亞良is at Australia too.
Try again and ask 亞良how to grow it.

chowold2 發表於 2014-2-27 01:07 PM
With great respect to 亞良, this orchid probably has finished flowering.  If he posts another one later of the same pot that flowers, then I would agree with you.
The only ones that grows naturally are the ones I saw in Singapore and Malaysia.  Or the one for sale at the shops and nurseries here.

Having said all that, there are actually quite a few varieties of orchids that do well in Sydney.  Including many native orchids.  The one that doesn't do so well at home garden is the "Singaporean Orchid", the one with a long slender stem with some really beautiful showy flowers.

These are the one I have that requires absolute no attention and gives me nice bloom years after years:
附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件

評分次數

• chowold2

本帖最後由 b-boomer 於 2014-2-27 11:52 PM 編輯
I have tried and failed growing this orchid so many time, so once when I was at the orchid show, I asked one of the exhibitor member what I have done wrong.  To my surprise, he said "nothing!".  The S ...
norman.ho 發表於 2014-2-27 08:52 AM
I think what you mentioned is Hybrid Phalaenopsis. In order to attrack the customers the nurseries did special treat and over fertilized to boost blooming. Therefore when you bought home you have a beautiful bloom. But afterward the plant will become weak or even die if you don't know how to follow. Especially with moss media. Moss is good for Taiwan and south east Asia areas but not for others. Suggest to repot and use large size barks, keep more room inside the pot for ventilation, put indoor and avoid direct sunlight.

Suggest Dendrobium and Cattleya which more match with Australian Climate.

評分次數

• chowold2

2# vandas
, native 通常都比 hybrid ,
多變化.

評分次數

• chowold2

These are the one I have that requires absolute no attention and gives me nice bloom years after years:
norman.ho 發表於 2014-2-27 04:37 PM
I have a questions. Look like you put those cymbidium outdoor the whole year. Is it correct?
Do you keep it in the shady place to avoid too much direct sunlight ?
真匿名
9# chowold2

Yes, they are kept outdoor all year round, in a shady place.  Never even watered them, yet I get multiple shoots from each pot, and each shoot carries 5 to 6 big blooms.  I use them for cut flowers, and they last for at least 2 weeks in a vast.  they flower in early summer.  Big strong stem with nice orchids on them.

評分次數

• chowold2

失敗也是種經驗 滿好看的

評分次數

• chowold2

返回列表